Monday, 18 Jan 2021

Teenager, 15, charged with attempted murder after boy shot 'in the face'

A 15-year-old has been charged with attempted murder after a teenager was shot while walking to school.

The victim, also a 15-year-old boy, was gunned down in a housing estate at around 8.40am on Monday while heading into Kesgrave High School, in Ipswich, for his first day back in the classroom.

Paramedics spent around 90 minutes trying to save the boy, before he was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he is fighting for his life. According to reports, the two boys had once been close friends but had fallen out.

Parents described hearing a ‘very loud bang’ followed by piercing screams, leading terrified children to take cover in residents’ homes.

Witnesses said they saw the suspect getting into a car following the attack and fleeing the scene.

One witness told the Mirror: ‘He was apparently shot in the mouth. Today would have been his first day back at school, so someone knew exactly where he would be.


‘The boy who was shot comes from a good family.’

The car was seized at the time of the arrest and a long-barrelled firearm was recovered from inside.

Just over two hours later, police arrested a teenage boy about five miles away from the crime scene.

The teenager, from Woodbridge who cannot be named due to his age, will appear via videolink before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.


He is charged with attempted murder, possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life and possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of injury.

Following the attack, Kesgrave High School locked down the premises and confirmed one of its Year 11 students had been involved in a serious incident on the way to school on Monday, but that pupils at the site were safe.

Any witnesses to the incident or anyone with information is urged to call 101.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts