Sunday, 3 Mar 2024

Prince Andrew’s investment firm receives ‘mysterious’ £210,000 donation

A company set up to manage Prince Andrew’s private investments secured £210,000 worth of funding by an anonymous donor.

The donation was received in the form of non-redeemable shares.

Urramoor Limited has been previously described as the “private investment office of HRH Duke of York”. It is owned by Urramoor Trust which was established by Andrew’s private office in 2013.

The royal is listed using the pseudonym Andrew Inverness as having “significant influence or control over the trustees of a trust”. Andrew’s pseudonym originates from his title of Earl of Inverness which was given to him in 1986 by the late Queen, when he married his now ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson.

Urramoor was in £208,000 debt, but according to the latest accounts, it has now allocated 210,402 shares at the value of £1 each.

READ MORE: Prince Andrew back in the spotlight as ‘grope’ accuser files set to be released

The non-redeemable shares were allocated on December 14, 2023, and they pulled the company out of the red, according to a share allotment document.

There is no suggestion of improper management of the funds.

It comes as the Duke is bracing to face more drama over his friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, as hundreds of files from a defamation case are to be released in the new year.

This week US judge Loretta Preska ruled that documents relating to more than 170 people who were associates, friends or victims of Epstein should be made public.

Don’t miss…
Beatrice and Eugenie’s ‘deliberate strategy’ could lead to future royal roles[INSIGHT]
Princess Mary’s cryptic Christmas message after Danish royal affair scandal[LATEST]
Meghan Markle wants to ‘relaunch herself’ after ‘difficult year'[INSIGHT]

Our community members are treated to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. You can check out at any time. More info

  • Support fearless journalism
  • Read The Daily Express online, advert free
  • Get super-fast page loading

This includes documents from Johanna Sjoberg, who has claimed the Duke of York groped her breasts while sitting on a couch inside Epstein’s New York mansion in March 2001.

Buckingham Palace previously said the allegation is “categorically untrue”.

The documents are part of a 2015 US defamation case by Virginia Giuffre against Ghislaine Maxwell, the British socialite who supplied Epstein with underage girls.

Writing on X, formerly known as Twitter, Ms Giuffre said: “Finally we are hearing members of the US government senators about the need for transparency and a call to arms for accountability!!

“There’s going to be a lot of nervous ppl over Christmas and New Years, 170 to be exact, who’s on the naughty list?

“This (would not) be possible without the Honourable Judge Preska.”

The individuals who are set to be named in the documents will have 14 days to appeal against the judge’s decision – meaning they are likely to be released in early January.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts