Saturday, 24 Oct 2020

Royal fans baffled as ‘private’ Meghan and Harry ‘sign £112m reality show deal’

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

The £112million deal will see the Duke and the Duchess of Sussex work behind the cameras of a reality series for streaming giant Netflix according to The Sun. The news comes after the couple quit the Royal Family and moved to the United States following a long-standing battle with the British media over what they labelled as “media intrusion”.

However, a source told the Sun the Duchess wants the public to see the “real her”.

The source said: “It will be tasteful. They want to give people a glimpse into their lives.”

The couple previously said they wanted to use their platform to “shine a light on people and causes around the world”.

Speaking to the Sun, a source said: “They may have had all these lofty ideas about producing epics highlighting environmental causes and the poverty gap, but Netflix obviously want their pound of flesh.

“It will all be very tasteful, and not Katie Price and Peter Andre-style reality TV, but they want to give people a glimpse into their lives and see all the charity work they do.”

For the series, the couple will be followed for three months, showing what they do on a daily basis.

Concerns have been raised that camera crew may not be allowed into their exclusive residential neighbourhood, Montecito.

The source added: “Much of the docuseries will be about their philanthropy rather than what they get up to behind closed doors.

“But it will still be a fascinating insight and Meghan hopes viewers will get to see the real her.”

But some royal experts have expressed confusion over the couple’s decision to create a fly-on-the-wall experience for viewers despite seeking private when they moved into their new home.

Ingrid Seward, editor of Majesty Magazine, said: “We were told they had gone to California for greater privacy so it all appears rather hypocritical.

“It is extraordinary. This is exactly what they said they wouldn’t do.

DON’T MISS
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ordered to pay rent for Frogmore [VIDEO]
Prince Harry is ‘miserable and out of his depth’ in LA claims author [INSIGHT]
Britain has fallen out of love with Meghan and Harry – INGRID SEWARD [COMMENT]

“The more they talk about themselves the more people will want them to do just that and won’t be interested in anything else they have to offer.”

However, PR expert Mark Borkowski welcomed the couple’s idea to show the world their daily lives.

He said: “Viewers will be interested to see what they are up to but there needs to be authenticity.

“They have laid out a grand plan and are fulfilling it. They are doing this all on their own terms.

“Their determination to have their voice heard sustains them.”

He added: “The big hits on Netflix are ones based in reality so it makes sense.

“But this is something the Royal Family will find hard to stomach.”

Netflix has not yet revealed the exact nature of the content the couple have been working on.

The streaming platform said: “The couple already have several projects in development, including an innovative nature docuseries and an animated series that celebrates inspiring women.

“But we are not disclosing any of the programming slate at this time.”

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts