Sunday, 25 Jul 2021

Prince Harry’s book ‘bound to cause mayhem’ – expert warns ‘How can any bridges be built?’

Prince Harry memoir: Tominey on royal family’s reaction

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Royal author Robert Jobson believes Prince Harry’s memoir will likely “lead to a conflict” due to the issues he will touch upon. The Duke of Sussex said in a statement he will talk about “the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned” – leading to think he could discuss his difficult childhood and the exit from the Firm.

Mr Jobson told FEMAIL: “As night follows day, this was always going to happen.

“It will become an international bestseller, but at what cost to the monarchy?

“There will be nowhere to hide.”

Prince Harry isn’t the first member of the Royal Family to write a memoir, Mr Jobson noted.

Former King Edward VIII, who became the Duke of Windsor following his marriage with American socialite Wallis Simpson, wrote a memoir published in 1951.

However, Mr Jobson said that while the book of the former king caused “a sensation”, Harry’s memoir is “bound to cause mayhem among the House of Windsor”.

He continued: “If Harry, which seems inevitable, goes into detail about mental health issues involving his wife and alleged racism at the heart of the Royal Family, it will be hugely damaging to the House of Windsor and the Monarchy as an institution.

“Harry is already hugely rich and famous so apart from damaging his family – which a book like this will inevitably do, I am not sure what he is trying to achieve.

“Whatever he says will lead to conflict.”

Mr Jobson added: “No wonder there is a rift between the royal brothers and problems with his father.

“How can any bridges be built when he is doing this?”

Prince Harry confirmed yesterday he is working on an “intimate and heartfelt memoir”.

According to a statement shared on Archewell.com, the book will cover the Duke’s “lifetime in the public eye from childhood to the present day, including his dedication to service, the military duty that twice took him to the frontlines of Afghanistan and the joy he has found in being a husband and father.”

Speaking about his work in progress, Harry said in a statement: “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become.

“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.

“I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”

The memoir is due to be released in 2022 and will also come in an audiobook version.

The Duke of Sussex has reportedly received £14.5million upfront for his memoir, but has already stated he will donate proceeds to charity.

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan stepped down as senior royals at the end of March 2020.

One year later, they sat down for a tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, in which they spoke about their struggles as members of the Royal Family.

Among the most damaging claims made against the Firm, Meghan said she was not helped after asking for help for being suicidal.

She also claimed concern was raised over “how dark” her son would be while she was pregnant with him.

Harry said he felt “let down” by his father and his relationship with Prince William was one of “space” at that moment.

Asked why they quit as senior royals, Harry said it had been due to a “lack of understanding and lack of support”.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts