Wednesday, 27 Oct 2021

Meghan Markle’s royal blunders sparked Prince William’s heart to heart with Prince Harry

Prince Harry’s row with William ‘not gone anywhere’ says Rae

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Duchess of Sussex reportedly did not immediately win over her future brother-in-law Prince William when they first met, royal commentator Neil Sean claimed. Meghan Markle was first introduced to the family in 2016, after the news leaked that the American actress was dating Prince Harry. The couple dated for five or six months in private, before the relationship was confirmed to the public.

NBC News royal correspondent Neil Sean spoke about the early period of the relationship on his Youtube channel.

Mr Sean cited a royal insider suggesting the first meeting between Prince William and Meghan Markle led the Duke of Cambridge to have a frank conversation about the relationship with his younger brother.

The expert said a series of alleged blunders during their chat had the Duke question the speed at which the couple were progressing in their interaction, and urge Prince Harry to slow down.

Mr Sean said: “You could put this down to nerves, meeting someone so famous, and knowing that you could be joining one of the most famous families in the world.

JUST IN: Queen delights royal fans with Buckingham Palace return after months away

“According to a source, this prompted William to try and have a heart-to-heart with Prince Harry about taking things easier, perhaps waiting a long time.”

He added: “As we know, Prince William and Catherine took their time, they even have a famous split.

“This all worked out in the end, Prince William wanted to make sure that Catherine knew what she was getting herself into.

“This was apparently the first fall out with Harry and William, simply because Harry had said to him that he didn’t want to slow down.”

Andrew Morton discusses Meghan Markle’s royal education

Meghan and Harry got off to a rocky start in the media, leading to Harry putting out a public statement in defence of his girlfriend.

The statement read: “Prince Harry is worried about Ms Markle’s safety and is deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her.”

“It is not right that a few months into a relationship with him that Ms Markle should be subjected to such a storm.”

The statement sparked an onslaught of rumours, forcing other members of the family to release official statements in support of the couple. 

DON’T MISS:

‘Can’t believe their behaviour!’ Meghan and Harry’s actions are ‘rude’, say Japanese fans
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry under fire – ‘Looks like they are back to royal duties!’
Meghan Markle had ‘rambunctious’ introduction to Royal Family life due to ‘jaded’ Harry

The pair famously stepped down from their royal roles in January 2020, seeing them renounce their HRH titles and reliance on public funding. 

They subsequently moved to Montecito, California with their son Archie, in a bid for a more “private life”.

In June, they welcomed a baby girl, Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor. 

Earlier this year, the Sussexes and the Queen confirmed that the move from royal life was permanent, meaning that they had to give up their royal patronages, and Harry’s military appointments were also returned. 

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts