Meghan Markle skips major awards ceremony after New York car chase
Phillip Schofield says Harry and Meghan ‘cant do anything right’
Meghan Markle skipped a Beverly Hills awards ceremony last night (Tuesday) despite winning for her podcast Archetypes. The Duchess of Sussex was named a digital media national winner at the 49th annual Gracie Awards, but did not turn up following a ‘near-catastrophic’ car chase in New York.
Speculation was growing over whether the Duchess would attend following the major incident last week, where the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said they were chased by paparazzi.
Despite her absence, she was honoured alongside a raft of big Hollywood stars, including Amanda Seyfried, Christina Applegate, and Drew Barrymore.
The event LA event recognises women’s achievements in media and entertainment. After it was revealed she was being honoured with the award, she released a statement expressing her gratitude.
Meghan said in a statement shared to the Archewell Foundation website: “Thank you to the Alliance for Women in Media Foundation for this prestigious honor.
”This is a shared success for me and the team behind Archetypes. Most of whom are women and the inspiring guests who joined me each week.”
Meghan’s no-show comes a week after she and her husband Prince Harry claimed they were in a “near-catastrophic car chase” in New York.
The royal pair attended the Women of Vision Award ceremony at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in Manhattan, where she was honoured “for her global advocacy to empower and advocate on behalf of women and girls,” according to the foundation’s website.
Harry has unlikely ally in Princess Anne which could be key to reconciliation[LATEST]
Harry and Meghan’s ‘near-catastrophic car chase’ is being ‘downplayed’, says pal[REPORT]
Harry and Meghan ‘stronger than ever’ and will ‘last course of time’ – expert[INSIGHT]
Following the ceremony, the couple claim they were pursued by paparazzi through Manhattan and rode in a New York taxi in an attempt to evade the photographers.
The New York Police Department confirmed officers assisted the couple on the night and confirmed “there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries, or arrests.”
The couple released a statement following the incident, which read: “This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers.
“While being a public figure comes with a level of interest from the public, it should never come at the cost of anyone’s safety.”
Source: Read Full Article