Sunday, 20 Jun 2021

Harry’s ‘peace talks’ with Charles and William were ‘doomed’ from start due to Oprah deal

Princess Beatrice: Palace announces royal is expecting first child

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Last week Apple released the trailer for a mental health documentary series Harry has made with Oprah Winfrey. The prince returned to the UK last month for Prince Philip’s funeral, his first UK visit since the incendiary CBS interview with Ms Winfrey.

Following the funeral Harry reportedly held talks with his father and brother.

However writing for the Daily Express royal author Phil Dampier argued these were “doomed”.

He said: “It seems clear that Prince Harry is going to plough on with his agenda of talking about his mental health while criticising his family.

“The film he has made with Oprah Winfrey has obviously been many months in the making, which means any “peace talks” Harry had with Princes Charles and William after Prince Philip’s funeral were doomed.

“I’m afraid he is now locked into a commercial conveyor belt of programme-making and interviews, and he would find it hard to back out even if he wanted to.”

Harry discussed his mental health during an appearance on actor Dax Shepard’s podcast.

The 36-year-old said he wanted to “break the cycle” of “pain or suffering” that he experienced.

He commented: “When it comes to parenting, if I’ve experienced some form of pain or suffering because of the pain or suffering that perhaps my father or my parents had suffered, I’m going to make sure I break that cycle so that I don’t pass it on.”

Speaking to the Mail on Sunday a royal insider said Buckingham Palace was “shocked” and “appalled” at the apparent criticism of Prince Charles.

Relations between the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and wider Royal Family deteriorated sharply following their interview with Ms Winfrey in March.

Meghan revealed she had been suffering from mental health problems since marrying into the Royal Family in 2018.

She also alleged there were “concerns and conversations” within the family about Archie’s skin tone prior to his birth in 2019.

DON’T MISS 

Queen responded with brutal swipe after Royal Family tragedy [SHOCK]
Diana friend speaks out on Harry’s ‘impetuosity’ and compares William [REVEAL]
Prince Harry fired royal digs aware Queen would be unable to comeback [INSIGHT]

In response Buckingham Palace released a statement on behalf of The Queen expressing regret over Meghan’s difficulties.

However it added “some recollections may vary” about the events she described.

Speaking to The Mirror a royal insider said there is growing concern about the Apple documentary following Harry’s remarks to Mr Shepard.

The commented: “There is concern given the Duke and Duchesses’ recent claims as to just what they may have said to Winfrey.

“They have not held back in their allegations and there is nothing to suggest they won’t make further ones.”

In response senior palace courtiers told the Mail on Sunday there is a feeling of “bewilderment and betrayal” within the family over the Sussexes’ actions.

They suggested the couple should give up their royal titles with one accusing Harry of a “woeful lack of compassion”.

Harry and Meghan are currently living in a £11.2 million mansion to the north of Los Angeles.

They stepped down as working members of the Royal Family in March 2020.
Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts