Tuesday, 21 May 2024

Harry and Meghan ‘won’t return’ to UK for Christmas as rift at new stage – claim

Prince Harry and Meghan attend opening of veterans training facility

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not be returning to the UK for Christmas, a royal expert has claimed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to the US after they quit their royal duties in 2020.

Earlier this year, they were also evicted from Frogmore Cottage by King Charles, leaving them essentially with no base in the UK.

Last month, reports indicated that Prince Harry was looking to buy a house in the UK so he can divide his time between the two countries.

But now royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams appeared certain that the couple’s eviction from Frogmore Cottage means the couple will not return to the UK for Christmas this year.

Click here to join our Whatsapp community to be the first to receive news about the Royal family

READ MORE: Royal Family tradition King Charles refused to follow – but Princess Anne did

He told GB News: “I suspect there is a mixture of emotions there. That will certainly not change now.

“They have no base in Britain, things have reached that stage, it is not good.

“The rift means there is no such possibility at the moment.”

According to reports, the pair have not received any invite for the festive celebrations this year.

Don’t miss…
Queen Camilla and Princess Kate spark fan frenzy with sweet moment at Cenotaph[LATEST]
Princess Kate reminds Queen Camilla about ‘royal hierarchy’ with subtle move[LATEST]
Meghan Markle ‘less than keen’ as Prince Harry ‘wants major change'[LIVE]

  • Support fearless journalism
  • Read The Daily Express online, advert free
  • Get super-fast page loading

The prince made headlines this week when his and Meghan’s spokesperson made an announcement on the King’s 75th birthday celebrations coming this Thursday.

A Sunday Times report claimed Harry and Meghan declined an invite to the King’s birthday party, however, they denied these claims.

Their spokesperson said: “In response to UK media headlines, there has been no contact regarding an invitation to His Majesty’s upcoming birthday.

“It is disappointing the Sunday Times has misreported this story.”

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts