Saturday, 2 Mar 2024

Teenage boys electrocuted by overhead wires at train station

Two teenagers have been rushed to hospital after suffering an electric shock at a railway station.

Emergency services raced to the scene at Stechford Station, Birmingham, on Saturday afternoon, with at least seven response vehicles and two fire engines being spotted at the scene.

West Midlands Fire Service has since confirmed that the incident involved two boys who suffered burns after touching overhead lines on the train track.

It added they had climbed onto the roof of a commercial goods train that was parked alongside the station, BirminghamLive reported. 

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts