Queen to resume royal engagements at Buckingham Palace in October
Queen Elizabeth II will be returning to work at Buckingham Palace in October after spending time ‘privately’ at the Sandringham Estate.
The monarch, 94, and the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, will leave Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire, on September 14, after travelling there in August for their traditional summer break. They will then return to Sandringham, where they will spend the rest of the month, a spokesperson said.
The Queen then intends to return to Windsor Castle in October and will resume using Buckingham Palace for royal engagements.
Both she and Prince Philip spent four months at their Berkshire residence earlier this year, after relocating from Buckingham Palace on March 19.
They spent lockdown on the estate with a reduced household, dubbed HMS Bubble, and communicated with family members through video calls.
It is not yet known if Philip will also return to Windsor with the Queen or whether he will stay on the Sandringham Estate.
Before the pandemic, the Duke preferred to live full-time at the Norfolk residence, having officially retired from royal duties in 2017.
The Queen previously visited Philip as much as she could, with a source stating that she has since enjoyed being able to ‘spend more time’ with her husband during lockdown.
A spokesperson said today: ‘The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will depart Balmoral Castle during the week commencing September 14 to spend time privately on the Sandringham Estate.
‘Subject to the finalisation of the autumn programme, Her Majesty’s intention is to return to Windsor Castle in October and to resume the use of Buckingham Palace for selected audiences and engagements.
‘These plans will be kept under review and will of course be subject to all relevant guidance and advice.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]
For more stories like this, check our news page.
Source: Read Full Article