Wednesday, 22 May 2024

Princess Kate felt ‘pressure’ choosing names for George, Charlotte and Louis

Kate Middleton attends Wimbledon with George and Charlotte

Princess Kate has opened up about the huge pressure she felt trying to decide the names for her and Prince William’s children.

The Prince and Princess of Wales have three children together – Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.

But deciding on their names was no small task, Kate told new parents during a visit to Royal Surrey County Hospital’s Maternity Unit last year.

She was speaking with new mum Amy about the difficulty she found in choosing a name for her newborns.

Revealing the conversion she had with the royal, Amy told PEOPLE: “She [Kate] just really talked about her own children including how they chose their names.

For all the latest on news, politics, sports, and showbiz from the USA, go to Daily Express US

READ MORE Stylist shares Princess Kate and Prince William’s ‘best look’ as a couple

“She said they were their favourite names and that obviously the world was waiting for them to name their children — and that felt like quite a big pressure!”

There was a lot of speculation around what the royal couple wanted to name their firstborn baby.

According to rumours, their first child was not originally going to be called George.

Instead, reports claim that Kate and William were considering calling their first child Alexander.

Royal expert Katie Nicholl claimed Kate even had her “heart set on” this name before the couple fully committed.

She said: “Courtiers insisted the pair had not found out the sex of their unborn baby, and friends close to the couple claim William wanted a surprise.

“Although Kate apparently suspected it was a boy and had set her heart on the name Alexander, they had not yet decided what to call their firstborn.”

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are expected to soak up the sunshine in Balmoral Castle in the Scottish Highlands this summer.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Don’t miss…
‘Attention seeking’ Harry and Meghan trying to claw back the narrative[LATEST]
Harry is ‘more himself’ without Meghan and less ‘guarded’ on his own in public[REPORT]
Meghan’s Instagram return a ‘financial lifeline’ but ‘won’t help popularity'[INSIGHT]

When the family arrive at the estate, they don’t have to stay at the main castle – instead they reside at a cottage called Tam-Na-Ghar.

They are expected to travel there with their parents soon to mark the King’s first time hosting the summer break there.

It is believed that the family-of-five will enjoy some fun-filled activities while at Balmoral. Some of the activities are likely to include walking in the countryside, horse riding and enjoying picnics.

But the family tradition could feel a bit bittersweet this year as it will mark their first official visit since the death of the late Queen last September.

Follow our social media accounts here on facebook.com/ExpressUSNews and @expressusnews

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts