Prince Harry ‘won’t return to UK’ until King and Prince William do one thing
Prince Harry and Meghan attend opening of veterans training facility
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are said to be expecting an apology from the Royal Family before they agree to any form of reconciliation, according to an expert.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been estranged from the Firm since they decided to quit royal life and move to the US, with the publication of Harry’s memoir Spare in January further fanning the flames.
After making several damaging claims in the book against various family members, including his father King Charles and his older brother Prince William, Harry wants them to apologise for the way they treated him and Meghan while they were senior royals.
Now they are reportedly not invited to the King’s 75th birthday celebrations next Tuesday, in spite of initial claims they had snubbed the invitation.
Royal commentator Angela Levin gave her take on GB News: “You won’t get Harry coming along to the King’s 75th party because he is absolutely determined that he won’t get involved with his parents or his brother or anybody else – unless they apologise to Megan profusely.
Click here to join our Whatsapp community to be the first to receive news about the Royal family
READ MORE: Meghan’s ‘awkward’ gesture towards ‘preoccupied’ Harry after King’s ‘snub’
“I believe he’s got a list of what he’s angry about and he wants to go one by one and get an apology for how he’s been treated and how she’s been treated. It’s not going to happen.”
Speaking about the King’s upcoming birthday, she added: “I don’t think he’s actually recovered from his mother’s passing. And he’ll just have family. He’s tried very hard. He’s left the door open.
“But King Charles is very annoyed about how rude they were. And I think most people feel that for them. It’s not nice. Harry’s been shocking.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s ‘dream of making it big in Hollywood alive'[REVEAL]
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘recharged and ready to get back out there again'[INSIGHT]
Prince Harry releases ’emotional’ letter ahead of Remembrance Day[SPOTLIGHT]
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
“You have to say actually enough is enough. If you want to come, you’re welcome. The door is always open, but you cannot come here and start demanding things.”
It was reported that the Sussexes had declined their invite to attend the birthday celebrations at Clarence House on November 14, however a spokesperson for the couple refuted the claims.
They said instead that there had been “no contact” between Harry and Meghan and the rest of the Firm regarding attending the King’s birthday.
The spokesperson said: “There has been no contact regarding an invitation to His Majesty’s upcoming birthday. It is disappointing the Sunday Times has misreported the story.”
An insider close to the Duke and Duchess added: “They had not received any invitation and were unaware of any celebrations until the stories came out.
“I’m sure the Duke will find a way to reach out privately to wish His Majesty a happy birthday like he always has done.”
Source: Read Full Article