Saturday, 19 Sep 2020

Prince Harry will miss Prince William’s high-profile charity event as it’s not ‘necessary’

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Prince William and Prince Harry compete in the high-profile polo match each year. The King Power Royal Charity Polo Day has been a highlight for the Royal Family for the past 15 years.

But this year, Prince Harry will be absent from the match as he remains in his California mansion with the Duchess of Sussex and their son Archie.

A source told Talk of the Town: “It’s such a shame that Harry can’t make the polo this year but he won’t come back to Britain unless it’s absolutely necessary.”

At last year’s match, the royal siblings reportedly had a row before the game began.

But Buckingham Palace has denied the claims about the brother’s furious fight.

The biography on the Sussexes, Finding Freedom, also described how the Duchess of Cambridge and Duchess of Sussex were “distant” as they watched the game with their children.

Prince William wants the charity event to go ahead despite the coronavirus restrictions in place that severely limit the guest list.

Under the restrictions weddings are limited to 30 guests.

But due to the polo game’s secret venue space, there is enough room for 48 spectators to still maintain social distancing.

Normally the event would attract 400 guests and celebrities who raise money for the brothers’ charities including the Tusk Trust and Sentebale.

The annual polo match seems to always involve some drama.

In 2017, at the game held at Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Watership Down estate in Berkshire, Australian polo player Beau Skerrett called Prince Harry a “spoilt brat”.

He said he gave the royal a dressing down after telling him to “f*** off in front of a crowd that pay £5,000 to shake his hand”.

DON’T MISS
Meghan Markle ‘opens up’ about Prince Harry’s role in raising Archie [UPDATE]
Meghan Markle’s obsession with Princess Diana exposed [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry is out for Meghan Markle to sparkle, says JUDY FINNIGAN [ANALYSIS]

But the polo player called Prince William “the perfect gentleman”.

Prince Harry said he “definitely would have been back” in the UK were it not for coronavirus.

The Duke of Sussex joined a virtual call alongside staff and volunteers from the Rugby League to mark its 125th birthday.

He spoke on the call from his mansion in Santa Barbara where he is currently living with the Duchess of Sussex.

During the virtual call, he said: ‘We’ve got a whole Rugby League world cup coming next year.

“I definitely plan on coming back. I would have been back already had it not been for COVID.’

Prince Harry expressed his admiration for the way Rugby League people have come together “as a family” in this period and how the sport has thrived over the years.

He said: “Watching Rugby League is exhausting. Listen I spent 10 years in the army, I know what endurance is all about. But it’s madness.

“Full respect to anyone that plays the game, I think it’s amazing, and a lot of people would be jealous not to be part of that community.”

Prince Harry also asked the first black head coach of a major UK sports team and former Rugby League player, Ellery Hanley, to the virtual call.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts