Wednesday, 17 Jul 2024

Prince Harry ‘should be taken out of line of succession’ after row over title

Prince Harry on ‘healing journey’ as he promotes Invictus Games

Prince Harry should be removed from the line of succession altogether amid a back-and-forth over his title, according to a royal expert.

Richard Eden slammed the move to quietly remove the Duke’s “His Royal Highness” title as petty and trivial while speaking on the Palace Confidential podcast.

“This is very minor, very trivial. They should be going much further. What actually matters is that he’s still in the line of succession,” the Daily Mail’s diary editor said on the show.

He added: “God forbid if something was to happen to the Royal Family, he would become our King.”

Prince Harry is currently fifth in line to the throne behind his brother Prince William as well as his children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, something Mr Eden believes needs to change. Meghan Markle and Princess Kate are not in line to the throne.

For all the latest on news, politics, sports, and showbiz from the USA, go to Daily Express US.

READ MORE: Harry and Meghan will ‘make key change to Netflix movie’ in swipe at William

“Why not remove him? … It’s ridiculous to be doing petty things to the website – deal with the big things and make the big changes that matter,” he said.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry retained their HRH titles but were unable to use them following their decision to split with the Royal Family in 2020.

Since the break, things appear to have got more heated after the Sussexes released a series of projects detailing their lives in the Firm and levelling accusations at the Royal Family.

Don’t miss… Prince William and Kate’s new roles show ‘clear hierarchy’ above Prince Harry[EXCLUSIVE]

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The decision to alter the Buckingham Palace website comes three years after the split while there appears to be little chance of reconciliation between the two sides of the family. At least for now.

Earlier this year Prince Harry released his tell-all memoir Spare which slammed members of the Royal Family increasing tensions. In December last year, Meghan and the Duke released a six-part Netflix docuseries detailing their relationship, marriage and subsequent split from the Firm. Both projects were said to ruffle feathers at the Palace.

Stay up to date with all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.

Follow our social media accounts here on http://facebook.com/ExpressUSNews and ExpressUSNews

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts