Monday, 26 Jul 2021

Prince Harry set to break paternity leave to ‘put on good show’ at Diana statue unveiling

Prince Harry 'will be in UK for Diana statue' says Myers

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle are reported to be taking five months off from their new working life in the US to spend more time with their newborn Lilibet Diana, who is affectionately named after the duke’s mother and grandmother, the Queen. The Duke of Sussex had planned to honour his mother in a different way as he and William were due to unveil a statue of their mother, on what would have been her 60th birthday, at Kensington Palace next month.

But it is not clear whether Harry will still fly back to the UK for the event after his daughter was born less than a week ago – and following a fractious year after he quit royal duties and publicly spoke about his family.

However, royal expert Ingrid Seward said she believes Harry will still attend the event despite his break from his job.

She added he is likely to put on a united front with his brother, but this might not mean they have “repaired their relationship overnight”.

She told Express.co.uk: “I am sure Harry will be there and put on a good show with William.

“You can’t repair a relationship overnight so whether they try or not remains to be seen.”

The brothers’ relationship has deteriorated over the last couple of years, with Harry recently confirming they were on “different paths”.

They showed a hint of reconciliation last week when they issued statements to the public at the same time after the publication of Lord Dyson’s report.

It criticised the methods Martin Bashir used to secure his bombshell 1995 Panorama interview with Diana, including using fake bank statements.

The Duke of Sussex welcomed the inquiry but said the findings were the “first step towards justice” but warned of bad media practices still being around now.

Meanwhile, William said he was left with “indescribable sadness” to know the BBC had “contributed significantly” to Diana’s state of mind in the final years of her life.

In response, Mr Bashir and the BBC apologised over the findings of the report.

Their statements came after Harry spoke of having “space” from William during his bombshell interview with Oprah in March during his two-hour CBS chat.

DON’T MISS
Meghan and Harry gave Doria hidden tribute with daughter’s name [INSIGHT]
Kate and William send ‘a gift’ for baby Lilibet [REVEALED]
New pictures of Meghan Markle’s book The Bench [PICTURES]

The Duke added he felt trapped in the Royal Family and shared his “compassion” for his brother and father Prince Charles being unable to leave their roles.

He said: “My father and my brother, they are trapped. They don’t get to leave. And I have huge compassion for that.”

He also said he was on a “different path” with his brother, who will one day be king.

He said: “We’ve been through hell together. I mean, we have a shared experience. But we’re on different paths.

“The relationship is space at the moment. And time heals all things, hopefully.”

William was the first royal who spoke out publicly after the interview was aired as he said he had not spoken to Harry.

The Queen also issued a statement saying “some recollections may vary”.

But they added the issues would be taken “very seriously”, but dealt with privately as a family.

Royal biographer Omid Scobie said Harry and Meghan were likely to take “several months off”.

He said: “We’re so used to seeing senior royals going back to work but Harry and Meghan are leading by example.

“They offer up to 20 weeks parental leave at Archewell (their foundation). It’ll be several months off work for the pair of them.”

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts