Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020

Prince Harry heartbreak: Duke hasn’t seen grandfather Prince Philip for over a YEAR

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

As well as the coronavirus pandemic, due to Harry and Meghan Markle beginning their new life in Los Angeles, Harry has struggled to see the Duke of Edinburgh. Unfortunately for Harry, upon announcing their departure as senior royals, Philip also skipped the “Sandringham Summit” crisis talks which were held to thrash out a deal for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s new life. The Sussexes also missed last Christmas and the summer trip to Balmoral this year.

While Harry missed the opportunity to see their family on the Balmoral estate, Prince William and Kate arrived on Friday.

Arriving with their children, William and Kate saw Philip and the Queen for the first time in months.

The royals usually travel to Aberdeenshire to spend the summer but had their plans delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Queen and Philip had spent large parts of the pandemic in Windsor in self-isolation.

The pair travelled to their summer home early last month after the Duke conducted one of his final ceremonies as he handed a military role to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

According to insiders, Harry has become frustrated at not being able to see the rest of his family.

While Harry is frustrated, Meghan is apparently more content.

An insider told InTouch Weekly: “She doesn’t feel like she’s missing out.

JUST IN: Secret reason Meghan Markle ‘could affect US election result’

“She’s been too busy decorating their new Montecito mansion.”

In March, the Sussexes did accept an invitation to the castle in March for a reunion later in the summer.

Due to the coronavirus, that plan was therefore cancelled, thus leaving Harry unable to see his grandfather.

Harry has now also cancelled his appearance at the King Power Royal Charity Polo Day at the end of this month.

DON’T MISS

Meghan Markle and Harry get their hands dirty in charity appearance [Update]
Prince Edward fury: Royal stormed off after frosty exchange [Insight]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s fans FURY after campaign  [Latest]

Both he and William have taken in the event for the last 15 years.

Over the weekend, Harry also held a Zoom call where he vowed to return to the UK for the Rugby League World Cup next year.

The Duke held the call to mark the sport’s 125th birthday and admitted the virus has been the only thing to stop him returning to the country.

He said: “We’ve got a whole Rugby League world cup coming next year.

“I definitely plan on coming back.

“I would have been back already had it not been for Covid.”

Harry and Meghan moved into their Santa Barbara mansion in July.

According to InTouch Weekly, this new location has been much more to Harry’s liking after living in Los Angeles previously.

The source said: “Harry doesn’t know the area well at all, but so far so good.

“Santa Barbara is more his scene than LA.

“He has the freedom and space he needs. Harry was extremely unhappy in LA.”

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts