Monday, 24 Jun 2024

Prince Harry and Andrew faced royal embarrassment with Remembrance wreath row

On Remembrance Sunday today the Royal Family will be gathering at the Cenotaph in central London to pay their respects to those who gave their lives for their country.

Senior members of the royals traditionally lay wreaths, however those previously laid by disgraced family members Prince Harry and Prince Andrew were taken off display by the factory that creates them last year.

The Poppy Factory was founded 100 years ago, with various wreaths laid by the Firm left on display for visitors, but those laid by Harry and his uncle Andrew are no longer available.

As of last year the wreaths were taken down, despite the pair having served in the military, Harry in Afghanistan and Andrew in the Falklands War with the Royal Navy.

A source at the site in Richmond, south west London, told The Mirror: “Harry used to have his wreath on display in the centre’s old exhibiting area, but it isn’t any more.

Click here to join our Whatsapp community to be the first to receive news about the Royal family

READ MORE: William’s Earthshot ‘slipped under the radar’ and lacked glamour without Kate

“We’ve got rid of it – and all the duplicates we kept too.”

Wreaths from other senior members of the Firm, such as King Charles, the late Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, Princess Anne and Princes William and Edward are still on show at the factory.

The Poppy Factory and Buckingham Palace declined to comment on what had happened to Harry’s £1,000 wreath, with a new one being created for the family to lay this year.

Don’t miss…
Prince’s Trust renamed in hint King Charles unlikely to hand it over to sons[SPOTLIGHT]
Prince Harry ‘won’t return to UK’ until King and Prince William do one thing[REVEAL]
Meghan’s ‘awkward’ gesture towards ‘preoccupied’ Harry after King’s ‘snub'[UPDATES]

  • Support fearless journalism
  • Read The Daily Express online, advert free
  • Get super-fast page loading

Neither the Duke of Sussex nor the Duke of York will be attending the Remembrance Day service today, as they are no longer working royals and Harry lives in the US.

As a proud military veteran, it is expected he will mark the occasion in some way at home in California with his wife Meghan Markle, and their two children Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

Earlier this week Harry appeared in a comedy sketch video message, which was shown at the Stand Up for Heroes event in New York.

The Sussexes have not been in contact with the Firm for some time, as their spokesperson confirmed they had not received an invitation to King Charles’s 75th birthday next week.

They said: “There has been no contact regarding an invitation to His Majesty’s upcoming birthday. It is disappointing the Sunday Times has misreported this story.”

An insider close to the Duke and Duchess added: “They had not received any invitation and were unaware of any celebrations until the stories came out.

“I’m sure the Duke will find a way to reach out privately to wish His Majesty a happy birthday like he has always done.”

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts