Monday, 22 Apr 2024

Prince Andrew fears royals will ‘cut his electricity’ to force him out of home

Coronation: Prince Harry, Andrew, and York Princesses arrive

Prince Andrew fears having his electricity and other essential utilities cut off in order to force him out of Royal Lodge, according to a source close to the Duke of York. King Charles has expressed his desire for Andrew to move out of the £30million home he shares with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson and move into the smaller Frogmore Cottage, which was recently vacated by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Get the latest royal news straight to your phone by joining our Whatsapp community!

Prince Andrew has lived in the property, once inhabited by the Queen Mother, for 20 years, however the home is now believed to be earmarked for Prince William and his family.

According to the Mail on Sunday the King has slashed the annual £250,000 grant the late Queen gave to Andrew, meaning he can no longer afford the upkeep of Royal Lodge.

Friends of the prince say he is “refusing to budge” and wants face-to-face talks with his brother to resolve the situation.

One told the publication: “He is so fragile. He’s refusing to see anybody. This has been his family home for the past 20 years. Is it really sensible to kick him out?

“He’s concerned that now the Coronation is over, the knives are out. He’s worried that the Royals might even turn off the utilities to get him out of there. But we’re dealing with human beings, not real estate.”

The York’s daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are regular visitors to Royal Lodge, with another friend saying: “Eugenie is heavily pregnant and her parents expect to have the new grandchild there this summer.

“Don’t forget that Sarah has been the glue holding the family together through this nightmare.”

READ MORE: Kate had ‘flirty’ response to William’s ‘cheeky double-entendre’, expert claims

Buckingham Palace had reportedly given Andrew and Fergie a deadline to be out of the mansion by September, but are said to have now accepted that is unrealistic.

Those on the Duke’s side have argued that negotiations over the future of Royal Lodge should take place between Andrew and Charles as brothers rather than officials.

One said: “If they need the house for William, perhaps Andrew should be told. Perhaps William should invite his uncle for tea and explain.

“Or why doesn’t Charles invite his brother for a meeting and ask him if he’d leave Royal Lodge to help his nephew and the future of the monarchy? And agree a schedule acceptable to both sides.”

Don’t miss…
‘Rebellious wild child’ Zara Tindall was tamed by ‘soulmate’ husband Mike[LATEST]
Grinning Prince Andrew pictured driving after ‘refusing to vacate Royal Lodge'[PICTURES]
King Charles’s ‘biggest challenge’ as historian raises spectre of abdication[EXCLUSIVE]

Frogmore Cottage, the home Andrew is likely to move into, was gifted to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex by the Queen after their marriage in 2018.

Harry and Meghan kept the home as their official UK base, even after they relocated to California in 2020.

Earlier this year it was revealed that Charles had asked them to leave the property, a decision that was accepted by the family.

When Harry flew back to the UK for the King’s Coronation it is thought he stayed at Frogmore, although he returned to the US as soon as possible after the ceremony.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts