Friday, 25 Sep 2020

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are STILL funded by Prince Charles – UK needs ‘clean break’

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Republic is an organization that campaigns for the monarchy to be abolished and the Queen to be replaced with an elected, democratic head of state. Graham Smith told Express.co.uk that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have a plan that involves Prince Charles partly funding them.  

Mr Smith said: “Part of their plan appears to be for Prince Charles to partly fund Prince Harry, hoping that would look like a dad helping out his son.

“The money he is using is public money whether directly or from the Duchy of Cornwall which belongs to us.

“They can’t really carry on doing that.

“They need a completely clean break.”

The Duchy of Cornwall is a private estate which was established in 1337. 

The revenue from the estate is used to fund the public, private and charitable activities of the Duke of Cornwall and his children. 

In 2019-20, Charles’ annual private income from the Duchy of Cornwall rose by £617,000 – 2.9 percent – from £21,627,000 in 2018-19 to £22,244,000.

Republic’s CEO also told Express.co.uk that Britain is still losing despite Meghan Markle and Prince Harry moving to America as the Prince of Wales continues to help fund them, he claimed. 

Mr Smith said: “Prince Charles funds are from the Duchy of Cornwall, the Duchy of Cornwall belongs to us.

“We are giving him more than £20 million a year from the Duchy of Cornwall profits.

“We are not charging him corporation tax and he will then get a tax break on claiming the costs of supporting his son and daughter-in-law.

“So, we still lose from Charles funding their lifestyle.

“This is the way the royals work, they have a deep sense of entitlement.

“They just do not see why they should have to live on less than a multi-million pound fortune so they always find a way to ensure that they are funded beyond the dreams of your average person.”

In May, a royal commentator stated that Meghan Markle and Prince Charles are still receiving £2million a year from the Prince of Wales.

DON’T MISS
Royal couple named ‘Meghan Markle and Prince Harry of their time’ [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s funding demanded to be stopped [VIDEO]
Royal Family warned: Monarchy tourism boost blasted as ‘fake news’ [ANALYSIS]

Charles Rae told talkRADIO’s Mike Graham that Prince Charles agreed to give the Duke and Duchess of Sussex £2million to help with their security costs despite the couple choosing to relocate to the United States.

Mr Graham asked: “We are still as far as we know paying out a bit for their security aren’t we?”

Mr Rae said: “We are because at the moment Prince Charles is giving them £2million a year.

“It is going to be looked at in 12 months.

“It is to help pay for some of that security so they are getting money.”

It has not been revealed whether Harry and Meghan will receive money from the Duchy of Cornwall as they work to become more financially independent, although a royal insider told The Sun, Charles had been offering financial support to his son. 

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts