Sunday, 25 Oct 2020

Meghan and Harry’s Montecito mansion listed for rent at $700 an hour for photo shoots

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Since stepping down as senior members of the British Royal Family earlier this year, the couple have been living in Los Angeles during the coronavirus crisis.

And the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s new home is listed as the backdrop for photo shoots, music video and other engagements.

According to rental website Giggster, the house can accommodate a crew of 15 people and private parking for up to 50.

However, those looking to use the Montecito mansion will have to fork out a staggering $700 a hour.

The mansion can only be rented for a minimum of 10 hours and there are bans on smoking, pets, cooking and alcohol.

Any adult filming is also banned.

The property was listed before they moved in but the advertisement remains active and has not been removed.

After staying at Tyler Perry’s $18million house in Beverly Hills, the Sussexes moved to Montecito with their son Archie.

Since stepping away from the Royal Family, the couple have been outspoken on important issues such as Black Lives Matter.

This month alone, Meghan has made six digital appearances and both urge US voters to make sure they cast their vote in November’s election.

Last month, the couple signed a multi-million dollar deal with the streaming giant as they move to become financially independent from the Royal Family.

The deal is understood to be worth up to £75million over five years.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex released a statement regarding their Netflix deal, which read: “Through our work with diverse communities and their environments to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.”

DON’T MISS 
Meghan Markle the ‘climax’ of Prince Harry’s redemption before tragedy [REVEAL] 

Meghan Markle accused of copying Netflix speech ‘word for word’  [COMMENT] 
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have now got EXACTLY what they wanted [INSIGHT]

The couple are expected to follow in the footsteps of their friends, Barack and Michelle Obama, who have already secured an Academy Award through their first Netflix production which was about globalisation, called American Factory.

The staggering Netflix deal already allowed the couple to pay back the £2.4million which was spent on renovating Frogmore Cottage – paid for from taxpayers’ money.

Their office confirmed the money had been returned in full to the Sovereign Grant following speculation.

It is understood the pair had been relying on Harry’s father Prince Charles for funds after the pair quit their senior royal roles.

But reports said they are no longer receiving money from the Prince of Wales.

The Netflix deal will see the couple producing a range of programmes for the streaming service.

In August, it was reported Meghan and Harry were setting their sights on a new TV show focusing on ‘normal’ people and was pitched to a number of executives.

A source said the show will focus on two causes close to Meghan’s heart; empowering women and tackling racial discrimination.

Both Harry and Meghan would reportedly appear in the show but the project will not focus on the couple but they would work as joint producers.

It was previously reported future works will include issues on climate change and mental health, a topic particularly close to Harry’s heart.

Since stepping down from the Royal Family, Meghan – who shot to fame on Suits – has lent her voice to the Disney+ documentary, Elephants.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts