King’s summer holidays ‘won’t be the same ever again’ in damning indictment
King Charles III’s summer holidays “won’t be the same ever again” as he prepares to welcome members of his family to Balmoral.
As Charles approaches the one-year mark as monarch, the King will be using his summer to work “every single day”.
Despite being in Scotland, the King’s summer holidays will look a little different from every other year, as “he’s a monarch and things have changed.”
Former royal butler Paul Burrell, who was a close confidante of Princess Diana, has opened up about what the King’s schedule will look like over the next few weeks.
He said that the King “will have to, wherever he is, receive his government red box every single day, the way the Queen did all her life.”
READ MORE Prince Harry grins and waves to crowds in Tokyo as he attends summit
Speaking on behalf of Slingo, Mr Burrell said: “Last year, he could do what he wanted, go wherever he wanted to go and didn’t have any constraints.”
He added: “I think he’s going to find that difficult because now he has to work, to some degree, every single day of the rest of his life.
“It’s a big shock when you’ve been waiting, a big shock for him when he’s been waiting for this job all his life and now he’s got it well, he’s chained to it.”
Mr Burrell continued: “His summer holidays won’t be the same ever again, not like the rest of the Royals.
READ MORE Kate’s chat to diffuse tension with Meghan so strained her ‘fingers were white’
“The minor Royals can literally do what they want to do but not the King and not the Queen.
“So their lives, they will find, have changed and their time isn’t their own.”
Despite spending summer in Scotland, it is thought that King Charles and Queen Camilla will stay in Birkhall, their own private home on the estate, rather than at the main house.
While staying at Balmoral for the summer last year, the late Queen died on September 8.
READ MORE Queen Elizabeth’s bedroom habit that she always insisted upon at Balmoral
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
With the first anniversary of her death approaching, the King will reportedly mark the day “quietly and privately” at Balmoral.
Palace officials have also said that there are currently “no plans” for any public or private family gatherings.
Despite potentially staying in a different home, the King is determined to carry on his mother’s tradition.
The King and Queen Camilla are set to be joined by the Prince and Princess of Wales.
Harry and Meghan called ‘Kardashians of Windsor’ for ‘smart moves’ in Hollywood[EXCLUSIVE]
Prince Harry and Meghan to honour Queen ‘in their own way’ without Royal Family[DETAILS]
Royal Family LIVE: Meghan and Harry’s £3m film deal ‘insulting’ – expert[LIVE]
With the trio currently on their school holidays, the couple will also be joined by Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, eight, and Prince Louis, five.
Princess Anne and the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh are also likely going to travel to Balmoral.
Source: Read Full Article