Harry nearly didn’t pick up call about Queen’s health but Meghan made him answer
Royal experts have torn apart claims that Prince William blanked his brother’s phone calls as the late Queen lay on her death bed at Balmoral last year.
Royal courtiers are believed to be angered about the claims made by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s biographer Omid Scobie, who said that the future King ignored the California-based royal’s calls as he dashed to be by the Queen’s bedside last September.
An insider told the Mirror: “It appears no matter what happens behind closed doors, even in a time of such pain and grief, that where the Royal Family are concerned it will one day emerge.
“Nothing is off limits with William and Kate appearing to be this author’s number one target. It only takes a few months for the knives to come out again and the wounds to be opened up”.
READ MORE Fury at police as Palestine protesters plan march just before war memorial stunt
A passage from Mr Scobie’s latest book ‘Endgame’ alleges that the Duke of Sussex was “kept in the dark” about the health of the Queen in the hours before she passed away.
It adds that Prince William believes he has “lost Harry and doesn’t want to know this version of him”.
In the book, Mr Scobie unpicks how the stateside royals had come to the UK for a number of engagements in September 2022 after the palace had said that the Queen had been told by her doctors to rest.
He wrote: “By the next morning, the Sussexes had no idea that Buckingham Palace was already planning for the Queen’s final hours and the first days of the monarchy’s new era — until the duke’s phone started ringing. An unknown number. He usually ignored those.”
He also alleges that Meghan told Harry to answer the phone and he accepted the call “just before it stopped”.
The Welsh biographer added: “Harry hadn’t spoken to his father much that year, but this was not the time for any father-and-son tension. Charles told him he and Camilla were about to leave Dumfries House for Balmoral, where Princess Anne was already by the Queen’s side. He told Harry to make his way to Scotland immediately.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s pal accuses Royal Family of creating ‘scandals'[ROYAL]
Paul Burrell fears ‘grotesque’ Diana scene will open old wounds for sons[ROYAL]
Prince Harry ‘ready to move past’ royal feud but William ‘refuses to talk'[ROYAL]
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
It is alleged that Harry contacted William and Kate to ask how they were planning to get to Scotland but his message was ignored. He ended up travelling to Balmoral with Prince Andrew and Prince Edward.
This comes after a row sparked over King Charles’ birthday celebrations, which it was reported in The Sunday Times that Prince Harry was invited to. The paper alleged that the Duke ignored the invite, something the Sussexes dispute.
Source: Read Full Article