Monday, 24 Jun 2024

Harry and Charles had ‘heart to heart’ before he decided to attend coronation

Prince Harry and the King had a ‘heart to heart’ before agreeing to come to his father’s coronation, it has been reported.

It is claimed the pair have spoken and there is a ‘willingness and wanting to mend on both sides’ after a tumultuous few months.

Earlier last week the Duke said he would be attending the Coronation on May 6, but Meghan and their children Archie, and Lillibet are staying in the US.

The King was said to be ‘disappointed’ that his grandchildren wouldn’t be attending his historic day, but was glad his son could make it.

In a speech on Friday, Charles told of his ‘immense pride’ in William and Harry — although the brothers are still not speaking to each other.

It will be the first time Harry has been with his family since his memoir and six-part Netflix series were released.

Now according to The Sun Harry ended months of no contact with Charles by holding a conversation about the invitation — but has not spoken to William.

It is understood there was also correspondence with Buckingham Palace before Harry accepted the invitation to Westminster Abbey but no significant talks other than over security arrangements.


Insiders say the King is ‘happy’ with his son’s decision and ‘understanding’ of 41-year-old Meghan staying behind with 22-month-old Princess Lilibet and Prince Archie, who turns four the same day as the King is crowned.

Sources claim Harry wanted to attend to show ‘support for his father’.

He also agreed to come to mark the ‘importance and significance’ for the country.

Meghan is said to back Harry’s decision and is only staying behind because of the clash with Archie’s birthday.

Despite claims Harry delayed accepting the invitation over concerns about seating plans, there were no significant talks other than to settle on a security plan.

He is currently suing the Home Office, claiming it was illegal to stop his 24-hour armed police guards when in the UK.


Sources also revealed there was an acceptance of Harry and Meghan’s good conduct at both the Platinum Jubilee and funeral of Queen Elizabeth II amid fears they would try to steal the limelight.

He will not have any formal role at the ceremony and is not expected in the royal processions between Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey.

And he is not due to attend any other celebrations during the three-day holiday.

Last month, royal author Robert Jobson revealed in his new book about King Charles that Kate, the Princess of Wales, had found her Windsor walkabout with hubby William, Harry and Meghan after the death of the Queen ‘one of the hardest things she’d ever had to do’.

In a statement issued by Buckingham Palace on Wednesday, the royals said they were ‘pleased’ the Duke of Sussex had agreed to be at the Coronation.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts