Thursday, 17 Jun 2021

Escape to the country? Princess Beatrice ‘viewed £3m Cotswolds home’ before pregnancy news

Princess Beatrice: Palace announces royal is expecting first child

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Buckingham Palace announced the happy news on social media this morning, with Beatrice expected to give birth in the autumn. The Queen, who is still mourning the death of her husband Prince Philip, is said to be “delighted” at the news following a difficult few months for the Royal Family. The news also came after reports that earlier this month Beatrice and her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi visited a luxurious property in Oxfordshire that is believed to be worth £3 million.

A source told the Daily Mail: “The owner was very excited Bea had been round, though she tried to keep it quiet.”

Beatrice and her millionaire property tycoon husband shared their baby news with the Queen and both their families before it was officially announced by Buckingham Palace.

The Palace said earlier today: “The Queen has been informed and both families are delighted with the news.”

Beatrice’s pregnancy announcement also coincided with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s third wedding anniversary.

In 2018, the Sussex couple also told their family they were expecting their first child at the wedding of Beatrice’s younger sister Princess Eugenie, before announcing the news a few days later.

Eugenie also welcomed a baby boy, August, back in February.

Beatrice and Eugenie’s mother Sarah, the Duchess of York, has not yet made an official announcement about her eldest daughter’s news.

But earlier this week, she spoke about her grandson August publicly for the first time during a virtual event for Waterstones book store with author, Beatrice Blue.

Sarah revealed Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank’s three-month-old son thinks she is “funny”.

She told the author: “August already thinks I’m funny because I’m dancing.”

Beatrice, 32, and Mr Mapelli Mozzi tied the knot last July in a small lockdown wedding that was attended by the Queen and Philip after their planned ceremony was postponed due to the Covid pandemic.

Their baby is set to be the Queen’s 12th great-grandchild with Harry and Meghan also expecting this summer.

DON’T MISS
Prince Harry warned supporters are ‘losing patience’ [INSIGHT]
Kate and William announce Scotland royal tour [REVEALED]
Queen ‘devastated’ after death of new dorgi puppy Fergus [UPDATED]

Their cousin Zara Tindall also welcomed her third child, a son named Lucas, in March.

Beatrice is already stepmother to Mr Mapelli Mozzi’s young son Wolfie, from his previous relationship with his ex-fiancee Dara Huang.

He is a millionaire property tycoon and the son of former Olympic skier Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi and Nikki Williams-Ellis.

The royals have endured a gruelling year so far, so the baby news is likely to be a welcome relief.

The Duke of Edinburgh, who was married to the Queen for 73 years, died on April 9 at the age of 99.

In a further blow, the Queen was also left devastated after the death of her dorgi puppy Fergus this week.

The pet was one of a pair of puppies given to her by her son Prince Andrew – who is also Beatrice and Eugenie’s father – after Philip fell ill in February.

The royals were also plunged into crisis in March when Meghan and Harry spoke to Oprah Winfrey in a tell-all interview about why they quit their roles as working royals.

They accused an unnamed royal of making a racist comment about their son Archie before he was born, before claiming the institution failed to help Meghan when she felt suicidal.

The palace responded “recollections may vary” after their bombshell interview was aired.

They said: “The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.”

Harry caused further backlash from the public last week when he appeared to suggest in a US podcast chat that his father and the Queen and Philip had failed as parents.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts