British gran living in horror flat plagued by mushrooms
Ms Knight first noticed the fungi entering her home earlier this month, over a year after they first began leaking into neighbouring flats.
She added she is scared for her grandson’s health, as she can’t prepare their food or bottles where she normally would.
She said: “We’re living in hell. The mushrooms are growing where I used to prepare the kid’s food and their bottles. I now make my youngest grandson’s bottles in the front room because I’m worried about the safety from the fungus.”
The fungi have now started entering the kitchen and Ms Knight says she has “nowhere to go”.
She added: “The kitchen has now leaked twice. On February 11, this one above my kitchen sink and cupboard started. [sic]
“I have a lot of health problems, and this is the last thing I need. It’s like The Last of Us. It’s pushing me to my edge – I’m supposed to be able to look after my daughter and my grandsons, but I can’t.”
Regent Letting, who manage the property, say contractors were sent to help Ms Knight and refused entry. This is a claim disputed by Ms Knight who says she refused to let them in as she was unwell.
A spokesman for Regent Lettings said: “A leak at the property was reported to us last week. Contractors could not find the source of the leak.
“We have arranged visits in the past, but contractors have been turned away at the door. We have sent another contractor over on Monday to look at the issue.”
Source: Read Full Article