Sunday, 20 Sep 2020

Baby boy becomes UK's youngest suspected coronavirus patient

An eight-month-old boy is suspected to be the UK’s youngest coronavirus patient after being treated by an infected GP.

He reportedly has ‘all the symptoms’ associated with the deadly virus and has been placed in quarantine with his mother at their home.

The unnamed infant’s terrified family say they are now living ‘in hell’ amid fears his four-year-old sister might also have been infected.

He was seen by one of two doctors in Brighton who later tested positive for coronavirus.


His father told The Daily Telegraph: ‘We’re in hell.’

He added: ‘My little boy has haemophilia and a lung condition, so he’s already poorly. My ex-partner took him to get checked out last Tuesday.

‘We took him back yesterday morning, and as we arrived home at about 1pm we got a call from Worthing A&E.

‘They said both my son and his mum had been in contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, and told us to stay at home.’

Both were taken to the hospital by medics wearing full hazmat suits for tests, with results expected tomorrow.

Experts have warned the London Underground could become a hotbed for the spread of coronavirus – known as Covid-19.

It comes as the capital saw its first confirmed case after a woman tested positive, bringing the total across Britain to nine.

There have been more than 44,700 cases of the virus in China, with more than 1,100 deaths. In the rest of the world more than 400 cases have been confirmed across 24 countries.

Got a story for Metro.co.uk?

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts