Monday, 24 Jun 2024

‘Arrogant’ TikTok prankster fined and waves arms triumphantly after court

A TikTok prankster smiled and waved his arms in triumph after he was issued with a criminal behaviour order and fined hundreds of pounds after entering a home as part of a “prank” video. Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, 18, of Manor Road, Hackney, London, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.

 

O’Garro appeared in court wearing a black hoodie and face mask.

He spoke only to confirm his name, age and address, and to admit to one count of failing to comply with a community protection notice.

Varinder Hayre, prosecuting, told the court O’Garro was issued with a community protection notice on May 11 last year with two of its conditions that he not trespass on to private property.

Ms Hayre said he then breached that notice by entering a home on May 15 this year.

She said: “He went to the home address of the victim. The door of the property was open.

“Mr O’Garro walked into the property and immediately walked down the stairs. He was stopped by the home owner.

“He went into the living room. He sat down on the sofa and said, ‘Is this where the study group is?'”

Ms Hayre said: “He was asked to leave multiple times by both the victim and the husband.”

READ MORE: Joe Biden U-turns after ‘unbelievable’ and ‘frightening’ attack on UK

She added: “It was discovered that he had filmed the entire incident for a TikTok trend about walking into random houses.”

Ms Hayre said: “He has caused the family a lot of distress. The faces of the couple and their two young children can be seen.”

She told the court the mother was under the impression O’Garro was a burglar and took her family’s privacy “very seriously”.

Ms Hayre said: “This has caused the victim great concern.”

Don’t miss…
Harry and Meghan planning new Netflix film on royal life behind Palace walls[LATEST]
King Charles faces major £360K headache over Prince Andrew’s eviction[REVEALED]
Angela Kelly’s beautiful 30-year bond as the Queen’s best friend before eviction[REPORT]

Lee Sergent, in mitigation, said O’Garro had apologised to the family, was raised by a single parent and had a difficult upbringing.

He said: “Mr O’Garro grew up in a single parent household. He had an extremely difficult childhood.

“He is an intelligent young man and a young man with some potential.”

Mr Sargent added that his client was neither in work nor education, but is on Universal Credit.

Mr Sergent told the court his client had made some legitimate social media content, including playing games and discussing conspiracy theories.

Judge Charlotte Crangle issued O’Garro with a two-year criminal behaviour order.

The order means O’Garro must not directly or indirectly post videos on social media without the documented consent of the people featured in the content.

He must also not trespass onto private property and must not visit the Westfield shopping centre in Stratford, east London.

She ordered O’Garro to pay a fine of £200, as well as a victim surcharge of £80 and costs of £85, totalling £365.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts