Thursday, 26 May 2022

Buffet eater who tried to get $50's worth of sushi hospitalized after 32 rolls

A woman who tried to consume her money’s worth at an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet wound up at the hospital after binging on 32 rolls and more items.

Danielle Shapiro, 24, challenged herself at Sushi 85 in Mountain View, California, which charges $50 per person to dine in. In one sitting, Shapiro ate 32 sushi rolls, four gyoza dumplings, two jalapeño poppers, a bowl of edamame and a bowl of miso soup.

She posted a video explaining her buffet mishap from December 21 on TikTok. Shapiro said she is ‘a huge fan of sushi’ and that her best friend was in town for the weekend, so they went they decided to go to the buffet.

‘The all you can eat sushi is about $50 a person so Amanda and I had to make sure we got our money’s worth, which meant eating a lot,’ Shapiro said.

We were rolled out of the restaurant #DisneyPlusVoices #sushi #fyp @amandaakingg

‘Our dinner was about two hours long because we were so stuffed we had to keep taking breaks.’ 

Shapiro recorded herself first downing the miso soup, then chowing down on the dumplings, poppers, eight dragon rolls, eight snow rolls, eight California rolls, eight wakame rolls, and then the edamame beans.

In video, Shapiro joked that she and Amanda had to be ‘rolled out of the restaurant’. But was no fun thereafter.

‘Immediately after dinner we were so full we had to sit in my car for about 30 minutes before driving home,’ Shapiro said. ‘My stomach felt very firm from all the sushi and probably the rice that expanded in my stomach.’

All you can eat sushi gone wrong… 🥴

Shapiro slept at her boyfriend’s house that night and said she had ‘the worst stomach ache’ but didn’t think much of it due to the massive amount of food she had downed.

‘I am not a morning person so when I woke up around 6am the next day I knew something was wrong,’ she said. ‘My stomach and chest had intense pain and it was hard to take deep breaths.’

Shapiro’s boyfriend and grandmother took her to a hospital, where she was diagnosed with Gastroesophageal Reflux disease, also known as acid reflux. It is associated with painful symptoms including vomiting, bloating, heartburn and sore throat, but generally not known to be life-threatening.

She was discharged from the hospital after a few hours and prescribed medication for the condition. Shapiro said she recovered after a few days and that she’s learned her lesson. Even so, it did not leave a bad taste in her mouth about sushi or sushi buffets.

‘I will definitely eat sushi again! This experience has not ruined sushi for me, or the all-you-can-eat sushi experience,’ she said.

‘I did learn that next time I need to listen to my body and take things slower.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts