Wednesday, 8 Apr 2020

Violent thug knocks mum out before fleeing scene with her kebab in random attack

A violent thug launched a savage attack on a woman enjoying a night out with pals before fleeing the scene with her kebab.

Nikita Jackson, 48, had been socialising with friends in Derby city centre when she was set upon by a random assailant at around 3am on August 17.

Ms Jackson said she decided to get a takeaway and head home after her pals made plans to finish off the night at the Genting Casino on Derby Riverlights.

As she made her way through Friar Gate in Derby city centre, a thug came from “nowhere” and launched the brutal attack.

  • Man who saved deaf boy from bullies quizzed by police for 'assault'

Ms Jackson was punched in the face so hard that she suffered four smashed teeth and a broken jaw.

The blow left the mum unconscious. Whenever she woke up, her purse and phone were still intact — but her kebab had vanished.

She told Derbyshire Live: "I got myself something to eat when this man came from nowhere.

"He leant back and then he just punched me full-blown in the face. It knocked me out before I even hit the floor. Before I knew it I was covered in blood."

  • Vegan activist spat on woman and called her ‘nasty piece of s**t’ over fur coat

She went on: "He broke my jaw. It knocked four teeth out — one of them went into my cheek. I've had to have three metal plates in my jaw."

The 48-year-old needed hospital treatment following the assault where docs fitted her jaw with three metal plates and attempted to repair nerve damage.

She continued: "I suffer quite badly with panic attacks anyway but this has taken me to another level. "I don't feel like it was targeted at me but I still don't feel safe. I haven't got an inkling of who it could be."

As a result of her injuries, Ms Jackson said she remembers little of the attack but told police at the time that she may have been assaulted by two thugs.

  • Boy, 12, left with facial hair phobia after bearded bully throws him into river

Following the incident, Ms Jackson said she has been confined to her home due to ill health.

A spokeswoman for Derbyshire police confirmed that members of the public flagged down patrolling officers to help Ms Jackson, who is unemployed due to ill health, after the attack.

She added: “Officers provided first aid at the scene and the victim later sought medical help. We have spoken to her about the assault and taken steps to identify the men responsible."

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts