Sunday, 20 Jun 2021

Horrified tanning salon customer finds dead woman’s body after opening up sunbed

An unsuspecting woman went to get into a sunbed only to discover a dead body inside.

The horrified tanning salon customer noticed her machine was still on from before and alerted staff to the issue after getting no reply from whoever was using it.

Salon workers opened it up for her to reveal the corpse of a 50-year-old woman who started her tanning session two hours earlier.

The solarium in Deutsch Kaltenbrunn, Austria, told police that the unidentified woman entered the bed at 2.30pm and was found dead at around 4.45pm.

Emergency services were called to the scene but it was too late to save the deceased, MirrorOnline reports.

Police said there was no evidence of foul play, and an inspection found no faults with the sunbed.

The salon said in a statement that it wanted to express its "deepest condolences" to the woman’s family.

Concerns have been raised about the safety of solariums, with Australia's government closing all of them in 2015 after the No Tan is Worth Dying for Campaign was launched.

  • 'Overweight' alligator with 'terrible arthritis' baffles owner by escaping zoo

Australia’s SunSmart program, which is jointly funded by Cancer Council Victoria and the Victorian Government, said: "There is no such thing as a safe tan."

It went on: "Research published in 2008 found that 281 melanomas, 43 deaths, and 2,572 squamous cell carcinomas were attributable to solarium use in Australia each year, at a cost to the health system of around $3 million.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

"Solariums are not a safe way to tan and significantly increase your risk of cancer.

"If you’ve used a solarium, your skin cancer risk is greater than someone who hasn’t. If you are concerned about your skin cancer risk because of previous solarium use, speak with your GP."

And in the UK in 2012, a bride-to-be died in a sunbed shop after injecting herself with banned tanning jabs.

Jenna Wilson-Vickers was found unconscious in a cubicle after a worried manager broke down the door, an inquest in 2013 heard.

The 26-year-old had apparently been taking the injections for weeks as well as using sunbeds up to three or four times a week, the hearing was told.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts