Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021

Queen ‘hurt and angry’ as Harry continues to speak about private lives of Royal Family

Prince Harry: Royals 'hurt' over comments says expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Queen, 95, has remained silent following numerous attacks from Prince Harry as royal expert Katie Nicholl claimed Brits are “frustrated” at the royal for his indirect criticisms of the Royal Family. The Duke of Sussex, 36, spoke in detail about his history of trauma and anxiety in “The Me You Can’t See,” on Apple TV+. Harry accused the Royal Family of “total neglect” in the mental health documentary series with Oprah Winfrey.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, Ms Nicholl said: “I absolutely know that it is the case that Prince Harry is committed to raising awareness about mental health. He and Meghan have made this one of the raison d’etre.” Presenter Hallie Stephens added: “A source tells ET that the Royal Family remains hurt and angry as Harry continues to speak about private matters publicly.” Ms Nicholl noted: “I think certainly people over here are a little disappointed and frustrated as well at hearing Prince Harry indirectly criticise the Royal Family which I think is the interpretation by some in the UK.” Harry lambasted the parenting skills of the Prince of Wales, criticising his father for expecting his sons to endure the pressures of royal life, just as Charles has done, instead of protecting them during the docuseries. And he laid bare his battles with panic attacks and severe anxiety, saying “so 28 to probably 32 was a nightmare time in my life”.

The Duke of Sussex admitted he turned to drink and drugs as he dealt with the trauma of his mother’s death later in life.

He said that after marrying Meghan his attempts to get help from his family, following online trolling which was pushing her to the brink, were ignored.

He said: “Every single ask, request, warning, whatever it is, to stop just got met with total silence or total neglect.”

Harry added: “We spent four years trying to make it work. We did everything that we possibly could to stay there and carry on doing the role and doing the job.”

Prince Harry: Charles hopeful of 'reconciliation' says expert

The series comes after Harry appeared to suggest his father and grandparents, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, had all failed as parents during a podcast interview broadcast earlier in May.

He picked up the theme with Winfrey, telling her: “My father used to say to me when I was younger, he used to say to both William and I, ‘Well it was like that for me so it’s going to be like that for you’.”

He added: “That doesn’t make sense. Just because you suffered doesn’t mean that your kids have to suffer, in fact quite the opposite – if you suffered, do everything you can to make sure that whatever negative experiences you had, that you can make it right for your kids.”

The now 36-year-old said his family told him to “play the game” and life would improve.

DON’T MISS

Prince Harry and Meghan’s ‘flawed’ plan exposed [ANALYSIS]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ordered to ‘think things through’ [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry ‘spoiling for a fight’ as Duke’s comments ‘unnecessary’ [VIDEO]

But he objected, telling Winfrey: “I’ve got a hell of a lot of my mum in me.

“The only way to free yourself and break out is to tell the truth.”

Harry told Winfrey he would “never be bullied into silence” in the future.

He said he did not go to his family when Meghan felt suicidal because he was ashamed the situation had got “that bad” and also suspected the royals would not have been able to help.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts