Sunday, 20 Jun 2021

Prince William ‘greatly concerned’ after Harry’s latest ‘truth bombs’, claims royal inside

Prince William 'dealing with things differently' says expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Duke of Sussex caused a stir earlier this month when he unleashed a barrage of criticism directed at the Royal Family on the Apple TV+ docuseries, The Me You Can’t See, which reportedly left his brother with mixed emotions. The series, which Prince Harry co-produced with media mogul Oprah Winfrey, revealed several shocking revelations including accusations that Prince Charles left his children to suffer alone after the death of Princess Diana.

The Mail on Sunday reported that the Duke of Cambridge fears is brother’s “truth-bombing” will go a step too far. Speaking to the publication, a friend of Prince William said he was “greatly concerned” about the accusations pertaining to Harry and Meghan Markle’s perceived lack of mental health support when they needed it. A second inside source added on Friday night that Buckingham Palace has “concerns rather than fears” that Harry and heavily pregnant wife Meghan will make further allegations.

On the show, Prince Harry accused the Firm of “total neglect” when he and his wife asked for help.

He said: “We did everything that we possibly could to stay there and carry on doing the role and doing the job.”

The Duke added that from age 28 to 32, his life was a “nightmare” due to panic attacks and anxiety.

Prince Harry admitted that shortly after this period in his life, he started attending therapy sessions.

Opening up to Ms Winfrey, Prince Harry said he felt “fear” when he first started therapy, commenting: “I wasn’t in an environment where it was encouraged to talk about it.”

The five-part series which released in its entirety on Friday 21 focuses on a variety of mental health issues and includes cameos from several prominent celebrity guest stars.

Both Harry and Oprah have “very personal and deep feelings” about destigmatising conversations surrounding mental health, the show’s director, Dawn Porter said in an interview with Town and Country Magazine.

On the show, The Duke of Sussex underwent a form of therapy known as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EDMR).

The psychotherapy treatment directs patients to recall past trauma and then facilitates brain healing by using some form of bilateral stimulation such as rapid eye movement or shoulder tapping.

DON’T MISS:
Prince Harry’s popularity plummets in US following media appearance [REVEAL]
Meghan Markle called out for ‘whoppers’ in Oprah interview [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle sparked call to ‘finish what US revolution started’ [SPOTLIGHT]

The therapy has varying levels of success but is currently listed by American Psychological Association as an evidence-based treatment for PTSD.

Ms Porter said: “Harry he volunteered, he was game for trying something.

“And we thought well, we have the opportunity to film this [therapy] and maybe this is something that will work for some people, maybe it won’t, but the idea is that you don’t tick a box and you’re done, mental wellness is an ongoing pursuit.”

She added: “You have to continue to try new things and to push yourself, and his volunteering to try something was a great way to emphasize and underscore that point.”

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts