Thursday, 18 Jul 2024

Prince William caught off guard by boy’s cheeky question about his bank account

Prince William speaks with Andy Burnham during Manchester visit

Prince William has admitted he “doesn’t know” how much money he has in his bank account after he was quizzed by an 11-year-old boy on a visit to Moss Side in Manchester.

The royal was joined by Greater Manchester’s Mayor Andy Burnham to see a project which aims to prevent youth violence in the city, with William’s Royal Foundation and the Mayor’s office jointly pledging £100,000 to the scheme.

The Prince of Wales chatted with youngsters at the Hideaway Youth Project, a lead partner of the Manchester Peace Together Alliance, and sat down to join them in making a collage.

Fortunately William laughed when cheeky Amir Hassan, 11, asked him how much money he had in his bank account, quipping back that he did not know.

The future King was clearly in a humorous mood, as when asked whether he wanted to take part in an art project which involved cutting out hairstyles he responded: “I’m literally the last person you should ask. My hair is disappearing.”

Click here to join our Whatsapp community to be the first to receive news about the Royal family

READ MORE: Meghan beams as she attends A-list event after explosive book claims

Sadly the Prince was less skilled at playing pool, as his attempts led to groans from those watching as he failed to pot a yellow ball twice.

On a more serious note William spent time talking to those who had been personally affected by violence and crime in Manchester, including Audrey Preston, 57, whose son was killed three years ago at the age of 21.

She told The Telegraph: “I think it’s important he came to Moss Side to listen to our stories. When I was told he was coming I thought ‘wow, why would he want to come and listen to me?’

Don’t miss…
Prince Harry’s secret close bond with two royals is ‘causing concern’ for Firm[REVEAL]
Meghan Markle hints at next move just hours after pal’s bombshell book claims[SPOTLIGHT]
William and Kate ‘very popular’ in US while others ‘lost the plot’, says expert[EXPERT]

  • Support fearless journalism
  • Read The Daily Express online, advert free
  • Get super-fast page loading

“Lots of kids get murdered in this area and nobody cares really about the families, we’re just left to our own devices, so it’s good he came, good for the community.”

The funding from the royal and Andy Burnham will be used to create an employment, skills and training programme for young people at risk of violence, with the aim to fight crime with a combined approach of identifying the underlying causes while providing mentors and activities for local children and young people.

Over the course of the next three years the project will work for the first time with the private sector, which will offer apprenticeships and work opportunities for those involved.

Mr Burnham said of the benefits of the new scheme: “The city is succeeding in many ways. The community is still strong, what we haven’t got yet are the paths for people so that they can see the opportunities out there and then get that support.

“Be it educational support, or personal support to make their way towards taking up those opportunities. And for me, this is absolutely about the next chapter of Greater Manchester.”

The Royal Foundation will also provide £25,000 in funding to the Hideaway Youth Project to pay for new IT equipment and a brand-new recording studio.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts