Thursday, 18 Jul 2024

Prince Harry continues to play the victim as King Charles clearly cannot forgive

Prince Harry has rubbished claims that he declined an invitation to King Charles’s 75th birthday celebrations next week – instead claiming that he has received no communication about the party.

Last night the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s spokesman claimed there has been “no contact regarding an invitation to His Majesty’s upcoming birthday” despite reports to the contrary.

A friend of the couple later added that Harry was furious that the story had been positioned to suggest that he was “snubbing his father”.

Instead, the whole sorry saga presents a sad turn in the royal feud between Harry and his family – as despite the Palace’s insistence that the King is keen to mend relations with his youngest son, the evidence suggests otherwise.

Ahead of the Coronation the King spoke of his “immense pride” in both of his sons in what many interpreted as a sign of the King’s desire to build bridges with the Sussexes following their decision to air grievances about the monarchy.

Read more: Prince Harry attempts to overshadow King’s Speech by releasing new video

In Harry and Meghan’s Netflix docu-series that aired last December, Harry lashed out at his father’s parenting skills and accused Queen Camilla of leaking stories to the press.

His memoir Spare went further at levelling attacks on the Royal Family, with the Prince and Princess of Wales appearing to be Harry’s prime target.

Prince William is furious at his brother and has not spoken to his brother since.

A source close to the heir to the throne said the issue is “still very raw” and suggested that there would be no movement on his handling of Harry anytime soon.

Don’t miss…
Meghan and Prince Harry’s pals dub King’s birthday snub as ‘welcome distraction'[LATEST]
Meghan Markle’s ‘imminent’ return to spotlight dubbed ‘Meghanaissance'[LIVEBLOG]
POLL: Should Prince Harry return to the UK for King Charles’s 75th birthday?[POLL]

It appears Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are the only royals in regular contact with the Sussexes – and that not even the King is willing to extend an olive branch.

Charles opted not to see Harry while he’s been in the UK several times this year, blaming a busy diary and Balmoral commitments.. But it appears that the true reason is that there is no appetite for rapprochement.

Not inviting Harry to his birthday speaks volumes and shows that behind Palace walls the mood is far from conciliatory.

But when, if ever, will the tide turn in Harry’s favour?

It’s clear from the Sussexes’ statement that Harry still considers himself the victim – however the true victims are Archie and Lilibet, who have barely said hello to their royal relatives and will grow up not knowing a key part of their heritage – despite their Prince and Princess titles.

  • Support fearless journalism
  • Read The Daily Express online, advert free
  • Get super-fast page loading


Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts