Prince Harry and Meghan Markle told to ‘stop sniping’ at Royal Family
Prince Harry and Meghan: Public has 'heard enough' warns expert
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Former royal correspondent Charles Rae insisted it is time for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to “stop sniping” at the royals as they pursue new lives of personal and financial freedom across the pond. Harry and Meghan – who quit royal duties last year – have hit out at the Royal Family in a series of recent appearances.
Mr Rae told Express.co.uk: “I think it is time for them to stop sniping at the Royal Family and if they want to carry on with their new lives and if that involves them doing their Netflix deals and their various other deals then so be it.”
The former royal correspondent also warned that Harry’s expected return to the UK in July for the unveiling of a Princess Diana statue is likely to be “very awkward” following his interviews.
Mr Rae, author of Diana: The People’s Princess, said: “Unless something dramatic happens it is going to be very awkward.”
Harry reportedly received a “frosty reception” from some members of the Royal Family when he travelled to Britain for the first time since Megxit for Prince Philip’s funeral last month.
Mr Rae added of the statue unveiling: “I think they will definitely attempt to put on a united front in public but it’s in private is what’s going to be the main issue.”
The Sussexes made a number of damaging claims about the Royal Family in their controversial Oprah Winfrey interview, which aired in March.
Harry went on to lash out at the royals during an appearance on the Armchair Expert podcast earlier this month.
The Duke compared life as a member of the Royal Family to “a mixture between The Truman Show and being in a zoo”.
He also revealed as a young man he did not want to be a working royal.
And he appeared to suggest that his father Prince Charles and the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh had failed as parents, just months after royal patriarch Philip’s death.
Harry insisted he wanted to “break the cycle” of “genetic pain and suffering” for the sake of his own children.
He said of the Prince of Wales: “He’s treated me the way he was treated, so how can I change that for my own kids?”
Prince Harry lambasted for launching ‘multi-million dollar’ attacks [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry’s speech has ‘hint of US accent’ as he’s ‘more confident’ [ANALYSIS]
Charles’ ex-butler explains why bond with Harry ‘can never be same’ [VIDEO]
And the Duke has spoken out again in his Apple TV+ documentary series on mental health, The Me You Can’t See, which was released on Friday.
The Queen’s grandson warned he would “never be bullied into silence” in the future.
His latest comments are likely to increase the much-publicised tensions between the Sussexes and the Royal Family.
Harry and Meghan quit as working royals in March 2020 and have moved to America.
The couple, who are expecting their second child, have bought an £11 million mansion in California.
As they launch new careers in the US, they have signed lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify.
Source: Read Full Article