Thursday, 22 Oct 2020

Prince Andrew pictures removed from shelves on Queen’s Balmoral Estate – ‘won’t make more’

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

The gift shop on the Queen’s Balmoral Estate has reportedly stopped selling pictures of Prince Andrew, the Duke of York. Tourists who visited the shop have claimed pictures of the Duke have now been taken off the shelves. This comes amid the speculation over his friendship to the convicted paedophile, Jeffrey Epstein.

While pictures remain of the Queen’s other sons, Princes Edward and Charles, and even her grandchildren, pictures of the Duke of York have allegedly been removed.

One person who visited the shop told The Sun: “Previously Andrew postcards have been on sale.

“But while there are postcards of Charles, Anne and Edward – and even the Queen’s grandchildren, Beatrice and Eugenie – there is not one of the Duke of York.

“When I asked if it was possible to buy one of Andrew, a sales assistant said ‘No, we’ve taken them away.

“’And they won’t be making any more of them’.”

This comes amid reports the Royal Family is also toning down the involvement and appearance of the Duke ahead of his father’s birthday.

Prince Philip will celebrate his 100th birthday next year but the Duke of York will be included “as little as possible” according to reports.

The Duke will not be invited to major events linked to the event.

JUST IN: French fishing captain threatens ‘naval battles’ if Boris walks away 

Organisers have also been told to avoid using pictures of him in a photo exhibition.

An insider told The Sun: “There is a warning from up high to play down Andrew.

“He will be included as little as possible.

“It’s not whitewashing history because you can’t leave him out entirely.

DON’T MISS
Nicola Sturgeon told to ‘forget IndyRef2 and stop failing’ [Latest]

Brexiteer in furious fisheries outburst as she calls for MPs to ‘RIOT’ [Update]
Boris Johnson defeats secret Commons ploy to block post-Brexit deal [Insight]

“But it will not make a big deal of his relationship with the Duke of Edinburgh over the years.

“This is obviously proving difficult because he is his son and it’s playing down his role in the family.”

The picture exhibition is being run by the Royal Collection trust.

Commenting, the trust stated the plans had not been confirmed.

On the story itself, Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the story from The Sun.

Phillip retired from royal duties in 2017.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts