Thursday, 2 Feb 2023

Police snag killer 24 hours after stabbing man in row over e-scooter

Bournemouth: Lawangeen Abdulrahimzai arrested after murder

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Footage shows armed police arrest an asylum seeker almost 24 hours after he fatally stabbed an aspiring Royal Marine.

Lawangeen Abdulrahimzai has now been found guilty of the murder of Thomas Roberts following a row over a Beryl e-scooter at around 4.44am on March 12, 2022.

“Peacemaker” Thomas intervened in the row between Abdulrahimzai and James Medway in Bournemouth, Dorset.

He slapped an “aggressive” Abdulrahimzai in the face, who stabbed Thomas twice and ran away.

Abdulrahimzai had accepted a charge of manslaughter but denied murder, which sparked an extensive two-week trial at Salisbury Crown Court.

Various clips of Abdulrahimzai were shown throughout the trial, which tracked his movements before and after his arrest.

Bodycam footage shows Abdulrahimzai surrounded by at least three armed police officers at around 00.11am on March 13, 2022.

He was arrested by a police officer outside his accommodation in Poole, who confirms he is being arrested on suspicion of murder.

Abdulrahimza was identified by Dorset Police after they found his mobile phone on Horseshoe Common on the morning of March 12.

After the stabbing, Abdulrahimza had been caught on CCTV walking on Wimborne Road in the Winton area and then on Cemetery Junction.

Abdulrahimza travelled to Bournemouth town centre and took a bus to Poole, where he stopped at a convenience store before he returned to his Hill Street address.

When booked into the police station, Abdulrahimza told officers he felt “guilty” but later explained he said this related to what he thought his foster family would think.

Thomas Roberts was locally known as a drum and bass DJ who wanted to join the Royal Marines.

Shortly after his death, friends laid flowers, a bottle of Stella Artois and a lantern with his photo by a tree near the scene.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts