Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020

Mum 'disgusted' after finding 'maggots and mould' in baby's milk

A former Love Island star was left ‘physically sick’ after ‘finding maggots and mould’ in her baby’s Aptamil formula milk.

Hannah Elizabeth, 30, who appeared on series one of the well-loved reality TV show, says her ‘skin crawled’ after making the horrific discovery.

Danone, the makers of Aptamil, have since launched an investigation, with a spokesperson saying they believe the box may have been damaged in transit.

Model Hannah said the milk sat in her kitchen all night after her mum picked it up from ASDA in Hunts Cross, Liverpool.

She used some of it to feed her 11-month-old son Reggie in the morning, before noticing something was amiss when she went to empty the box later.

Hannah said she thought ‘what the hell is that?’ before finding maggots and mould inside the lid.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, she said: ‘My mum picked it up for me from ASDA the day before, to think it was sitting in my kitchen all night has made me feel sick.

‘When I went to open the box and started to take milk out, one of the tops just fell back.


‘Normally they’re screwed on and secure, but this one looked manky. It was all black.

‘The thought of it makes me sick. I looked inside the actual lid and the screw cap was just full of maggots.

‘It has honestly knocked me sick and I’m fuming about it as well because it’s a baby’s milk.’

Hannah says ASDA has apologised and offered her vouchers after the disturbing incident.

However, she is now concerned that other mums may have the same experience with Aptamil.

She said: ‘It was over quite a few bottles and maggots were inside of one of the screw tops.

‘I’m just worried now. I literally couldn’t believe it. It made my skin crawl , it was disgusting.’

A spokesperson from Danone, the makers of Aptamil, said all milk products are ‘thoroughly checked for safety and quality’ before going out into stores.

The representative said: ‘We’re sorry to hear about Hannah’s experience because we always want our products to reach parents in the best possible condition.

‘All of our milk products are made and packed in a highly controlled, hygienic environment and each individual product is thoroughly checked for safety and quality before leaving our factory.

‘We’ve already started our investigations and can confirm that this is an isolated incident and that we’ve had no other similar issues with this batch.

‘From the photos we’ve seen, it looks like the product may have been damaged in transit. We’re committed to finding out what has happened, and we’ll keep in touch with Hannah as we investigate.’

An ASDA spokesperson declined to comment.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts