Meghan Markle and Harry’s new project ‘already up and running’ despite no official launch
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Meghan Markle, 39, and Prince Harry, 36, stepped down as working royals in March and since leaving the royal bubble have sought to carve out a new life for themselves as private citizens. The couple has settled in the USA with their son Archie Harrison, one, and in recent weeks have spoken out about positive social media use – understood to be a key focus of their new non-profit organisation Archewell.
Meghan and Harry were forced to put the official launch of their Archewell Foundation on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Nonetheless, the couple’s recent work, including co-hosting a talk for Time Magazine about Engineering a Better Future, is understood to align with the causes they hope to address with Archewell.
Earlier this week Archewell’s landing page went live allowing fans access to regular updates about Meghan and Harry’s charitable work.
Despite the lack of an official launch, Meghan and Harry have already got the ball rolling in terms of the work they wish to do with Archewell, a source has claimed.
A Sussex insider told ELLE.com: “While Archewell hasn’t already had a formal launch, it is still already all of their work—the structure, the events, the research they’re doing, the people that they’re meeting.
“All of the effort they are putting in is within that umbrella.
“Over time, it is going to grow and grow.”
Tuesday’s (October 20) video talk with Time100 was a key example of the kind of work the Sussexes intend to do going forward.
During the video conversation, Meghan and Harry were interviewed by Time Magazine’s editor-in-chief Edward Felsenthal.
Meghan told Mr Felsenthal: “Both of us realised that we can continue to champion these things that we’re passionate about.
“We can continue to do this work to try to effect change and help the people who need it most or the communities or environments that need it most, but it’s almost like you’re taking two steps forward and five steps backwards if you can’t get to the root cause of the problem.”
“Which at this point right now we see in a large way as a lot of what’s happening in the tech space.”
Queen Elizabeth II and Anne: 4 photos that show ‘enigmatic’ bond [PICTURES]
Queen Elizabeth II’s bed cost more than £100,000 [INSIGHT]
Prince George, Charlotte and Louis’s Christmas heartbreak [VIDEO]
On why it’s important to make online communities healthier for everyone, Meghan said: “This isn’t just a tech problem.
“This isn’t solely a mental health or emotional wellbeing problem.
“This is a human problem. And what’s happening to all of us online is affecting us deeply offline.”
Prince Harry called the negative impact of social media usage a “global crisis.”
The Duke said: “What our job is, especially throughout these conversations, is to get people to listen to the experts and for them to explain how what’s happening in the online world is affecting the world.
“It is not restricted to certain platforms or certain social media conversations.
“This is a global crisis: a global crisis of hate, a global crisis of misinformation and a global health crisis.”
Meghan and Harry have also clinched a £112 million deal with streaming giant Netflix to produce programmes for the platform.
The multimillion-pound deal has granted them financial independence from the Royal Family.
Source: Read Full Article