Monday, 17 Feb 2020

Meghan Markle and Harry could be handed lucrative Netflix deal as boss declares interest

Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos revealed he would be interested in working with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – who from Spring 2020 will be free to take on new business ventures. Speaking at an event in Los Angeles and asked about Harry and Meghan, Mr Sarandos replied: “Who wouldn’t be interested? Yes, sure.” 

Mr Sarandos’s comment on Meghan and Harry comes after a video of Prince Harry caught praising his wife’s talents to Disney chief executive Robert Iger during the European premiere of the Lion King last summer went viral online.

It later emerged that Meghan signed a deal to do a voiceover for Disney before sharing her bombshell statement regarding her and Harry’s intention to step back as senior royals – in exchange of a big donation to an elephant charity.

While Meghan and Harry would be forbidden from taking on lucrative private projects while they are still senior working royals, the pair will be allowed to pursue different paths and financial ventures in a few months. 

Buckingham Palace released a statement yesterday evening detailing the terms of the exit deal agreed between senior royals and the Sussexes.

According to the so-called Megxit deal, Meghan and Harry will be free to live between the UK and Canada and take on new private and lucrative projects.

However, in exchange of this newly-found freedom, the couple will have to stop using the HRH style and will no longer be able to carry out royal engagements.

In a separate statement, the Queen expressed her affection for Meghan, Harry and Archie and highlighted how their new royal status doesn’t mean they are no longer members of her family. 

She said: “Following many months of conversations and more recent discussions, I am pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family.

“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved members of my family.

“I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.

“I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.

“It is my whole family’s hope that today’s agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life.”

Meghan and Harry have signalled their intention of continuing to use and expand their brand SussexRoyal even after the Spring. 

Shortly before publishing their statement announcing their intention to step back as senior royals, Meghan and Harry launched a new website, SussexRoyal.com.

Moreover, the Sussex Royal Foundation, Meghan and Harry’s platform for charitable works and initiatives, will launch within a few weeks.

Finally, it emerged last week that the pair have trademarked hundreds of items featuring their logo. 

Prince Harry and Meghan’s deal with the Queen has been hailed by Prime Minister Boris Johnson this morning.

Mr Johnson said: “I think the whole country will want to join in wishing them the very best for the future.

“I said before that I was sure that the Royal Family will find a way forward & I’m sure it will”.    

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts