Monday, 10 May 2021

Meghan and Harry mocked over Spotify promo video: ‘Enough to put you off your breakfast!’

Meghan Markle and Harry discuss motives behind Spotify podcast

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex briefly featured in a promotional Spotify video after striking a lucrative podcast deal with the audio streaming service last year. But conservative commentator Darren Grimes took to Twitter to mock Meghan and Harry over their first appearance since Megxit was confirmed to be permanent.

Mr Grimes said: “Prince Harry finishing Meghan’s sentence with ‘that inspire, challenge and educate’, as part of their new podcast promotion, will be enough to put you off your breakfast!”

In the Spotify Stream On Video, which was released on Monday, Meghan and Harry are sat on a sofa together at their California mansion.

The former actress begins by saying: “We’re using podcasting to drive powerful conversations.”

Harry continues: “That inspire, challenge, and educate.”

Meghan adds: “We created Archewell Audio to make sure that we can elevate voices that maybe aren’t being heard, and hear people’s stories.”

Harry then says: “And the biggest part of this is trying to create this community of where you can share.

“We encourage everybody else to then share their own vulnerabilities within that safe space.”

The video comes after it was confirmed last Friday that the ex-Suits star and the Queen’s grandson will not be returning to royal duties.

The couple, who are expecting their second child, quit as working royals in March 2020 and are now living in America.

The Megxit arrangements were due to be reviewed after 12 months on March 31.

The Sussexes will be stripped of their royal patronages and Harry will lose his honorary military titles as they launch new careers outside of the monarchy.

DON’T MISS
Prince Harry facing calls to be removed from line of succession [INSIGHT]
Queen forced to remind Harry ‘the monarchy doesn’t work for you’ [ANALYSIS]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry seen for first time since Megxit [VIDEO]

As well as Spotify, they have signed a lucrative deal with streaming giant Netflix rumoured to be worth more than £150million.

In response to losing their patronages, Meghan and Harry hit back by saying: “We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”

Their statement has been widely criticised as being disrespectful to the Queen.

In the wake of Megxit, the couple are to give a televised interview to US chat show host Oprah Winfrey.

The Royal Family is likely to be bracing for the programme which airs on CBS on March 7.

But nearly half of the British public believe Harry should be removed from the line of succession, according to a new poll.

He remains sixth in line to the throne despite quitting as a working royal.

The survey of 4,203 adults, which was carried out by YouGov on Monday, found 49 percent of those questioned felt the 36-year-old should be taken out of the succession line.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts