Friday, 6 Dec 2019

Man charged after bodies of two women found in freezer

A man has been charged with preventing a lawful burial after the bodies of two women were found fused together in a freezer.

Officers made the grim discovery after they were called to a ground floor flat in Canning Town, east London, amid concerns for the welfare of a “male occupant”.

The women were discovered last Friday, with one on top of the other, in the small chest freezer at the property in Vandrome Close.

Zarhid Younis has been charged with two counts of preventing the lawful and decent burial of a dead body, Scotland Yard said.

The 34-year-old, of Vandrome Close, Canning Town, is due to appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.

Police have warned it will take several more days to identify the two women.

A post-mortem is due to begin on Friday it could take a week to complete because of the conditions in which the victims were discovered.

Detective Chief Inspector Simon Harding described the crime scene as “one of the most challenging and complex he has seen in 28 years”.

The victims were clothed, but the detectives could not confirm whether they were adults.

Although there were no signs of any injuries, Mr Harding said it was too complex to say whether they were “whole”.

DNA testing is under way as detectives work with the National Crime Agency and missing persons groups to find out who they are.

Police have said the apartment had been used by “transient members of the community” and was linked to drug use.

Detectives previously arrested two men on suspicion of murder – a 50-year-old, who was released under investigation, and a 34-year-old.

The family of missing mother Mary-Jane Mustafa were seen at the flat on Tuesday as they desperately waited for information.

The 37-year-old went missing last May.

Her cousin Ayse Hussein said: “If it is my cousin, it’s just going to be a waiting game. They just have to confirm it.

“How they have been found, they can’t just do it. It’s going to take days.”

The family said police are keeping them updated on developments but they still hope Ms Mustafa will be found alive.

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts