M6 traffic chaos: Major delays as road CLOSED after motorcyclist horror crash
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Emergency services rushed to the scene to assist. The road closed northbound between J31 and J32, near Preston.
Northbound traffic is being diverted by National Highways via the solid triangle diversion symbol.
The following diversion route is in place:
- Exit M6 J31 and at the roundabout, take the first exit onto the A59
- At the next roundabout, take the second exit onto the A583
- At the A6 junction, turn right towards M6/M55
- Continue to follow the A6 northbound to M55 J1 (Broughton)
- At the roundabout, take the third exit and follow the M55 to rejoin the M6 at J32
The service said in a statement: “If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra journey time.
“Plan ahead, you may wish to re-route or even delay your journey.”
A spokesperson for National Highways said: “The M6 in Lancashire is closed northbound between J31 and J32 near Preston due to a collision involving a motorcycle.
“Emergency Services including Lancashire Police are currently on scene. National Highways Traffic Officers are also on scene assisting with traffic management.”
More to follow…
Source: Read Full Article