M11 traffic latest: M11 CLOSED as lorry fire near Stansted Airport sparks emergency
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Highways England said: “M11 closed J10 to 8 Southbound for a Lorry #Fire, this will also affect the J9 entry slip from the #A11, Northbound also closed J8/9. “Please avoid the area at all costs as this will be closed for some time. #StanstedAirPort #Stansted #StompsCross.”
The lorry fire caused a 40 mile diversion, with road closures expected to last for some time.
Essex Police are at the scene, and told travellers to seek another route.
They said on Twitter: “We are currently on the scene of a vehicle fire on the #M11
“Officers will be closing the M11 on both carriageways between Junctions 8 and 9 and the on-slip for the #A11.
“Please seek another route if you can.”
Highways England told southbound drivers stuck to:
- Exit the M11 at J10 on to the A505, and continue to the A505/A10 roundabout at Royston.
- Take the first exit on to the A10 south and continue through Reed, Buckland, Chipping, Buntingford, Colliers End, High Cross, Thundridge and Ware to the A10/A414 West Roundabout.
- Take the first exit on to the A414 to Harlow and rejoin the M11 southbound at J7.
Northbound traffic is also being diverted with a 30 mile alternative route:
- Exit at J8 and take the second exit from the roundabout A120 to Little Hadham.
- Continue on the A120 through Little Hadham and Standon to A120/A10 roundabout.
- Take the third exit and continue on the A10 through Buntingford, Chipping, Buckland and Reed to the A10/A505 roundabout at Royston.
- Take the third exit and continue on the A505 to rejoin the M11 northbound at J10.
More to follow…
Source: Read Full Article