Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022

Harry and Meghan, take note! Sussexes savaged with new podcast swipe

William and Harry: Tensions existed before arrival of Meghan

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Charlotte Runcle, writing in the Telegraph noted that Meghan and Harry had only managed to make one episode of their Archewell Audio podcast series, stating: “Fair enough, podcasts are hard to make.” Ms Runcle also criticised another royal podcast Harry, Meghan and the Media (BBC Sounds), presented by Amol Rajan, which she states “essentially repackages material already used in Princes and the Press”. The commentator then turned to a “really good” podcast – The Coming Storm (BBC Sounds). She said: “Harry and Meghan take note – The Coming Storm, a cross-section of society and politics, feels urgent and necessary – unlike more royal posing.”

FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES…

KEY EVENTS

  • Queen strips Prince Andrew of all titles17:16
  • British armed forces urge Queen to strip Duke of York of ranks15:45
  • Queen takes ‘brutal’ action on Andrew as Royal Family ‘under threat’- dynasty ‘over blood’

    The Queen stripping Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages has been branded “brutal” by a royal commentator. 

    On Wednesday Buckingham Palace announced had lost his honorary military roles and royal patronages as he battles a civil sex case in the US. Prince Andrew denies the charges. 

    Reacting to the dramatic development, royal commentator Peter Hunt tweeted: “Brutal.

    “The Windsors have shown that when the institution is under threat, dynastic preservation trumps flesh and blood.”

    Broadcaster Jeremy Vine echoed Mr Hunt, posting: “Buckingham Palace is starting to look even more brutal than the Conservative Party.”

    ‘Devastated’ Sarah Ferguson ‘regrouping’ with Beatrice and Eugenie as Andrew faces trial

    SARAH Ferguson is “devastated” and “regrouping” with Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie as Prince Andrew faces the prospect of a court showdown, it has been claimed. 

    On Wednesday a US Judge dismissed a bid by the Duke of York to have Virginia Giuffre’s civil sex case thrown out. The Duke denies the charges. 

    His ex-wife the Duchess of York is said to be “devastated” by the development that the lawsuit can go to trial.

    A source told OK! Magazine: “Fergie is devastated.

    “She’s a very positive person and she always sees the sunny side up in life, but this has been a blow.” 

    Senior royals ‘furious’ with Prince Andrew

    Senior royals are said to be irate with Prince Andrew’s behavior, an expert has claimed. 

    Angela Levin told The Sun Online the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William “would have been very firm” and “absolutely furious with him bringing the Royal Family into disrepute. 

    She added: “Whatever he may or may not have done he certainly was a friend of Epstein and invited him to parties, royal parties when they knew he had been accused of having relationships with underage girls.

    “So there’s no doubt about that.”

    Read more here.

    Thomas Markle urges Meghan to ‘speak out if she knows anything’ about Prince Andrew

    Meghan Markle has been is being urged by her father to talk to police if she “knows anything” regarding Virginia Giuffre’s allegations against Prince Andrew. 

    Thomas Markle told the Sun his 40-year-old daughter, who is married to Andrew’s nephew Prince Harry, was somebody who could be counted on to “tell the truth”.

    He added that the Duchess “needs to speak out” if she has been to any events or venues the Duke of York has. 

    Read more here.

    Full list of military roles stripped from Prince Andrew

    Here is the list of the 12 honorary military roles which the Duke of York has returned to the Queen:

    British military affiliations

    – Colonel of the Grenadier Guards- Honorary air commodore of RAF Lossiemouth- Colonel-in-chief of the Royal Irish Regiment- Colonel-in-chief of the Small Arms School Corps- Commodore-in-chief of the Fleet Air Arm- Royal colonel of the Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland- Deputy colonel-in-chief of The Royal Lancers (Queen Elizabeth’s Own)- Colonel-in-chief of the Yorkshire Regiment

    Overseas honorary military roles

    – Colonel-in-chief of the Queen’s York Rangers (1st American Regiment)- Colonel-in-chief of The Royal Highland Fusiliers Of Canada- Colonel-in-chief of the Royal New Zealand Army Logistic Regiment (The Duke of York’s Own)- Colonel-in-chief of the Princess Louise Fusiliers (in Nova Scotia, Canada)

    ‘Brutal’ decision on Andrew as Royals ‘under threat’

    A royal commentator branded the Queens decision to strip Prince Andrew of his military titles as “brutal”. 

    Peter Hunt voiced his opinion on Twitter adding: “The Windsors have shown that when the institution is under threat, dynastic preservation trumps flesh and blood.”

    Broadcaster Jeremy Vine echoed Mr Hunt, posting: “Buckingham Palace is starting to look even more brutal than the Conservative Party.”

    Read more here.

    Veteran welcomes removal of Duke’s honorary titles

    An army veteran who urged the Queen to remove Prince Andrew’s honorary military roles has welcomed the decision saying: “I’m just glad he’s not associated with the military now”. 

    Lieutenant Stuart Hunt said the Duke had brought the armed forces into disrepute, branding it “unsavory business”. 

    Lt Hunt slammed Andrew as “not fit to serve” in an honourary rank adding that it should have happened “two years ago or in fact longer”. 

    He added: “A better man would have stood down whether innocent or guilty for the sake of the organisation… It’s repugnant really.”

    Kate Middleton’s brother sells business just days after it went under with £800k debt

    The Duchess of Cambridge’s brother has sold his business just days after it went under with £800,000 debt. 

    James Middleton put his company, Boomf, into administration in December after it ran out of cash. 

    The company, which sold personalised marshmallows and greeting cards, has been bought by British-Estonian businessman Stepan Galaev.

    Read more here.

    Support for the Queen pours in

    Reaction to the statement by Buckingham Palace is pouring in, with many expressing sympathy for the Queen. 

    Royal fans responded to the news on Twitter with one saying: “So sorry you are having to do this. Thinking of you, Ma’am, with much love and admiration as always”. 

    @loveforcamidg said: “About time!! Well done to Her Majesty The Queen for doing the right thing (again!)

    “The military affiliations and patronages deserve to have a good royal representing them.”

    GB News presenter Darren Grimes also showed his support for the Monarch saying this year should have “truly been a special one” as she marks her Platinum Jubilee.

    Queen strips Prince Andrew of all titles

    The Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of all his royal and military titles. 

    Buckingham Palace released a statement saying: “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

    “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen”.

    Read more here.

    Prince Harry’s memoir could be ‘last nail in the coffin’

    Express readers say Prince Harry should cancel the publication of his memoir due to be released later this year. 

    3,360 or 89 percent said he should scrap the book and only 11 percent said he should not. 

    It has been widely reported that the Royals are concerned the book may bring more controversy to the family. 

    One voter said publishing an autobiography would “make a fool of him” and would be the “last nail in the coffin” for the Sussex’s relations with the Royal Family.

    Read more here.

    British armed forces urge Queen to strip Duke of York of ranks

    Over 150 Royal Navy, RAF and Army veterans have written to the Queen urging her to strip the Duke of York of his ranks and titles within the British armed forces. 

    In the joined letter issued by the pressure group Republic, they said: “Were this any other senior military officer it is inconceivable that he would still be in post.

    “Officers of the British armed forces must adhere to the very highest standards of probity, honesty and honourable conduct.

    “These are standards which Prince Andrew has fallen well short of.

    “It is hard not to see, when senior officers are reportedly describing him as ‘toxic’, that he has brought the services he is associated with into disrepute.

    “We are therefore asking that you take immediate steps to strip Prince Andrew of all his military ranks and titles and, if necessary, that he be dishonourably discharged.

    “We understand that he is your son, but we write to you in your capacity as head of state and as Commander-in-Chief of the Army, Navy and Air Force.

    “These steps could have been taken at any time in the past eleven years. Please do not leave it any longer.”

    Good afternoon

    Good afternoon I’m Francesca Edwards, I’ll be bringing you all the latest developments on the …… for the next eight hours.

    Please feel free to get in touch with me as I work if you have a story or tips to share! Your thoughts are always welcome.

    Email: [email protected]

    Twitter: @FrankieLEdwards

    Princess Beatrice lets slip adorable nickname for daughter

    Princess Beatrice has let slip an adorable nickname for her daughter Sienna, in a thank you note that she and her husband Edoardo sent to a fan. 

    Twitter user Nico Bloom shared on social media a handwritten letter they had received from the royal couple after wishing the pair well following the birth of their daughter. 

    The royal note read: “Thank you so much for thinking of us at this remarkable and special time.

    “We are so thankful to have welcomed this little person into our family.”

    Speaking about Sienna, the proud parents then wrote: “She is a little rockstar!”

    How Harry’s title changed following royal exit

    Prince Harry was born a prince, so will always hold that title, but how has his title changed since he stepped down from royal duties? 

    Harry and Meghan lost the right to use their HRH titles when they decided to exit the royal family in 2020. 

    There is some precedent for those who are no longer working royals losing their HRH titles. 

    Both Sarah Ferguson and Princess Diana lost the right to use their HRH titles when they got divorced. 

    Prince Harry predicted royal future with childhood argument

    Prince Harry seemingly predicted his future decades before leaving the Royal Family, during a childhood argument.

    When Harry was just four years old he is said to have made a shocking statement that eerily predicted his future. 

    The incident was overheard by Ken Wharfe, a long-serving protection officer to the royals who detailed the incident in the Channel 5 documentary Prince Harry: The Troubled Prince.

    Mr Wharfe said that during a drive to Highgrove in Gloucestershire, Harry turned to his brother and said: “‘William, one day you’ll be king, I won’t, it doesn’t matter therefore I can do what I like’.”

    Princess Diana, who was said to be driving the car, was apparently taken aback by the remark. 

    Queen of Denmark won’t be able to celebrate Jubilee with sister at her side

    The Queen of Denmark won’t be able to celebrate the Jubilee with her sister at her side as she had to pull out of celebrations due to concerns about her husband’s health. 

    Constantine II, 83, who was the King of Greece from 1964 to 1973 was admitted to hospital on January 8 with COVID-19. 

    The royal, who is fully vaccinated is said to be in good health.

    Photograph of Prince George was ‘wake up call’ for Harry and Meghan

    A photograph of Prince George with the Queen was a ‘wake up call’ for Meghan and Harry and showed them they could not be ‘superstars of the royal family’ as the focus shifted to younger generations, a royal expert has suggested. 

    Speaking on his Youtube channel “Neil Sean’s Daily News Headlines”, Mr Sean said: “Harry and Meghan had decided more or less within the first few months of meeting that they could have a different life.

    “It wasn’t exactly mapped out what we ended up with but certainly for Prince Harry, he wanted to have a different role in his life.

    “We’d seen that already by him trying to branch out within the military and, of course, alongside Kate and William he started those mental health charities and remits and things like that so it wasn’t really this particular picture.

    “I do believe that it could have been something of a wake-up call to realize that perhaps he and Meghan would never really truly be the superstars of the British monarchy that’s not to say.”

    Prince George has ‘no idea what’s coming’

    Prince Geroge has ‘no idea what’s coming’ and is ‘protected’ from discussions about his future role, a royal commentator has claimed. 

    Speaking on his Youtube Channel, Neil Sean said: “When you look at Prince George it’s so weird, isn’t it? To look and think he has no idea what’s coming for him.

    “He’s mighty protected at that age but for him, he’s born into this.

    “He doesn’t really know exactly how the Monarchy operates even at that young age.”

    Queen to host party on Lilibet’s first bithday

    The Queen is set to host a party at Buckingham Palace on her great-granddaughter Lilibet’s first birthday. 

    On Monday, Buckingham Palace announced the full programme of events for her Platinum Jubillee and one of the events falls on June 4 – Lilibet’s birthday. 

    The event in question is a star-studded Platinum Party. 

    It is not yet known who will be performing at the event. 

    Prince Harry and Meghan could celebrate their daughter’s birthday by travelling across the pond for the party – but it is not yet known whether they will attend. 

    Kate swipes Sophie Wessex’s ‘secret weapon’ title

    Kate Middleton has swiped the title of becoming Sophie Wessex’s ‘secret weapon’, following a year that has seen her become a more prolific member of the Royal Family.

    Sophie was reportedly given the title ‘secret weapon’ after proving herself to be one of the most reliable members of the firm, following Meghan and Harry’s exit from the Royal Family. 

    However, the title is now being used to describe the Duchess of Cambridge. 

    Writing for The Independent in a piece to mark Kate’s 40th birthday on Sunday, Laura Hampson described the Duchess as “the monarchy’s safest bet”.

    Ms Hampson claims that during the Duchess’s decade-long tenure with the Royal Family “she hasn’t put a foot wrong”, adding “For the royal family, Kate is a safe bet, their secret weapon”.

    Prince William left in stitches as he returns to royal duties

    Prince William was left in stitches during his first royal engagement of the year. 

    The Prince led an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle on Wednesday and one of the people he awarded was fitness guru Mr Motivator – whose real name is Derrick Evans.

    Mr Motivator was awarded an MBE for his services to health and fitness and during the ceremony, Prince William was seen cracking up. 

    Speaking after the ceremony, Mr Motivator that he told Prince William that he’d like to see the pair join forces and joked that he had got a unitard specially made for him.

    Asked if the public would soon see a joint workout, Mr Motivator said:”Would it not be a great one? William and Motivator, motivated by exercise.”

    Good morning

    Good morning, I’m Olivia Stringer and I’ll be bringing you all the latest developments on the Royal Family, for the next eight hours. Please feel free to get in touch with me as I work if you have a story or tips to share! Your thoughts are always welcome.

    Email: [email protected] 

    Twitter: @Livstringer_

    Source: Read Full Article

    Related Posts