Firework explodes inside BMW leaving two men seriously injured
A firework exploded inside a moving car in Merseyside leaving two men with serious injuries.
Merseyside Police confirmed that the force was called to Brook Hey Drive, Kirkby, shortly before 12.30pm today, Sunday, November 5 following reports of a “loud bang”.
Officers received a report that two men were seriously injured after a firework detonated inside a moving car.
Footage from a Ring doorbell captured the moment the firework exploded right inside the car.
One witness told the Liverpool ECHO that one of the men had “lost part of his hand”.
Don’t miss… Declassified files show UK Government’s hidden group monitoring UFOs
In footage sent to the outlet, smoke can be seen billowing out from the car after the sudden explosion.
The car leaves a trail of smoke in its wake as it continues down the road.
Meanwhile a passer-by can be spotted ducking for cover.
According to eyewitnesses, the occupants of the car quickly “bailed out” – but one was seriously injured.
Emergency services including North West Ambulance Service attended the incident.
Following enquiries, it is believed the firework went off accidentally, and emergency services had left the scene by 2pm.
Chief Inspector Duncan Swan, commander of Merseyside Police’s Bonfire Night operation, said: “Please be cautious when handling fireworks as accidents like this can happen causing serious or fatal injuries.
AirBnB sued after vacationers attacked by rabid bats in rented home[REVEAL]
Warning after tarantula causes serious car wreck in California’s Death Valley[INSIGHT]
Antiques Roadshow guests gasps at ‘unbelievable’ valuation of whiskey[ANALYSIS]
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
“They are not something to be messed with but should be handled in a responsible and controlled manner.
“Everyone should be aware that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to possess or use fireworks in a public place.
“We urge the public to be cautious and to think again before holding a firework display at home, and instead encourage you to attend organised displays as they are controlled and safer which means less risk of people being injured or bonfires spreading out of control.”
Source: Read Full Article