Tuesday, 2 Jun 2020

Carluccio’s deal saves 30 restaurants but sees more than 1,000 jobs lost

Carluccio’s has been rescued in a deal which will save 30 restaurants but result in more than 1,000 job losses.

The dining chain has been bought by Giraffe and Ed’s Easy Diner owner Boparan Restaurant Group (BRG), two months after it slid into administration.

The deal, first reported by Sky News earlier this week, will see 40 of the chain’s restaurants close and 1,019 jobs lost.

However, 800 jobs and 30 restaurants will be saved.

The chain was founded in 1999 by the late chef Antonio Carluccio, and expanded rapidly during the last decade, at one point operating from more than 100 sites.

It was previously owned by Dubai-based Landmark Group, which bought it for £90m in 2010.

Phil Reynolds, joint administrator and partner at FRP, said the deal “ensures the future of the Carluccio’s brand in the UK casual dining scene, retains a significant network of sites across the country and, critically, transfers a considerable number of jobs”.

Satnam Leihal, managing director of BRG, said: “While it is an extremely challenging time for the sector, we believe quality hospitality businesses will recover in the long term as people return to eating out.”

Administrators for Carluccio’s said the following 30 restaurants have been saved:

Beverley

Bluewater

Bristol, Cribbs Causeway

Cambridge

Cheshire Oaks

Chester

Chichester

Colchester

Derby

Kingston, Bentalls

Leamington Spa

Leeds, Trinity

London, Islington Development Kitchen

London, Marriott Heathrow

London, Marriott Regents Park

London, Richmond

London, South Kensington

London, St Christopher’s Place

London, St Pancras Station

London, Waterloo Station

London, Wimbledon

Manchester, Trafford Centre

Manchester, Piccadilly

Portsmouth

Reading

Sheffield

Solihull

Southampton

Stratford on Avon

Walton on Thames

Source: Read Full Article

Related Posts